Chapter 19

Max POV

It was Kyle... Kyle used to be at the adoption center for boys across the street, he used to sneak over and do things to me.. Force me to have sex with him... From the time I was 7 until he got adopted.. Which was right before I did.. I..I never wanted to see him again.. Shit. He's looking. I panicked and grabbed Maddie's hand and started running back. She stopped me, "Max..Max slow down. What's wrong?" I had to tell her.. Or else she would make me stay... "H..he raped me m...Maddie.. C..can we please g..go back..?" By the end I was sobbing, Maddie wiped my tears just like mommy does then hugged me, "Deep breaths Max. In and out." I listened to her but the flashbacks already started. I took off with Maddie close behind. I opened the door and saw mommy sitting in the kitchen. I ran to her and cried into her side. "M..mommy...." I cried. "Shhh.. Baby.. Calm down." I shook my head, "Maddie do you know what happened?" Mommy asked, "yea.. She saw a boy at the pond and she said he used to rape her at the orphanage then she started panicking, I tried to calm her down but it only worked for a second then she freaked out and ran.. Is she gonna be okay?" Mommy nodded. It was true.. He raped me multiple times and he hit me.. Thinking about it wasn't helping. I wiped my eyes but my tears kept falling no matter how hard I tried to hold them back. My hands were shaking, I guess mommy could tell cause she started rubbing circles on my back and singing the chorus to fix a heart. I got tired from crying and curled up to mommy and buried my face in her shoulder then fell asleep about 5 minutes later.

Demi POV

Max fell asleep in my arms, she tends to fall asleep after she cries, it's exhausting.. I get it. But RAPED?! I want to see this boy and I'm going to go ape shit. No body puts their hands on my Maxie, I looked down at the sleeping Max in my arms and played with the perfect curls above her ears. Why would someone do such a thing. Maddie spoke up, "Dems why would someone do something like that to her?" "I don't know Mads, some people in this world are just so sick." She nodded, Dallas came in, she must have heard Max crying. "What happened, is she okay?" She asked concerned. "Flashbacks.." I said. Maddie went back upstairs and Dallas sat down. "You used to get then bad too... What about?" "She saw someone she knew from the orphanage that used to rape her and God knows what else... Dallas why would someone do that?" "I don't know Dems, there are so many sick, vile people in this world." The doorbell rang. I stood up with Max sleeping in my arms. A boy stood there, he was about 17-19, he looked like a douche bag. "Hey.. Um is Maxine here?" Max heard her name in her sleep and looked up. Once she saw the boy she clung to me tighter and whimpered into my shoulder. I rubbed her back. Maddie came running down the stairs, probably to get a drink or something. She came and stood beside me and looked at the boy, "Dems.. That's him." I cleared my throat, "You are not allowed around here after what you did, you hear me!!! I will not hesitate to get a restraint order against you if that's what I have to do! You hear??!!" He rolled his eyes and walked away, I shut the door behind him. "Max baby... Was that him..?" She nodded. "M..mommy what if K..Kyle comes back.. A..and hurts me again?" She cried. "He won't babygirl.. I won't let him." I walked into the living room where everyone else was, Maddie followed and sat down. Max's sobs got quiet. I can't believe someone would put her through this. Dallas came and sat beside me and noticed Max was crying. "What's wrong sweetie?" Dallas asked, Max shook her head and her breathing got unsteady. I could tell she was going into a panic attack. I picked Max up with one arm and grabbed Dallas' hand. I took Max upstairs to my old room. I sat down with her in my arms and Dallas got down on one knee infront of me at Max's level. "Baby, slow down." She cried harder, not helping the fact that she was already hyperventilating. "M..mommy I..I c..can't.." "Yes you can babygirl, take deep breaths in and out."  "Like this." Dallas said, demonstrating. "Listen to my breathing Max" Max copied my breathing and slowly her heart rate slowed down. She koala beared me, "I.. I love you mommy." "I love you too babygirl." With that she held onto me and fell asleep in my arms.