Chapter 23

Nurse POV

I led the small girl to the MRI room. I had to adjust the strength of the machine based on her age. There was no way that she was any older than 5. I just wanted to make sure, "sweetie how old are you?"  "I'm 12." Well then.. So much for being 5. She's so small so I still had to set it according to her size. I lifted her into the machine and told her to lay still, relax, and close her eyes. She listened and I went Into the scan room and pressed start. Once the scans came through, it was completely obvious that she was schizophrenic. It's a pretty severe case too, the worst I've ever seen. I turned off the machine and printed the scans. I went into the room and helped her out of the machine then led her back to the doctors room and handed him the scans.

Demi POV

Max coughed a little as she got back on my lap, I rubbed her back and she buried her face in my shoulder. The doctor took the scans out of the envelope and his eyes widened. "Well, she does indeed have schizophrenia, most likely N.O.S. I can prescribe some antipsychotics to help with the overwhelming sensations, emotions, and hallucinations associated with schizophrenia. So in total I am prescribing her 1 antipsychotic, 1 neuroleptic, anxiety medication, chlordiazepoxide, medication to help with the nightmares, along with the antibiotic to help her get well. " poor kid..  That's a lot of medication for a 12 year old.. Especially one so small. The doctor filled out all the remaining prescriptions and gave me a pamphlet about schizophrenia. And we scheduled a follow up appointment. Max had fallen asleep and I stopped by the pharmacy on the way home to pick up all of Max's prescriptions. I'm glad that the pharmacy is open 24 hours. By the time we got back home it was almost 3am. Everyone was still fast asleep. I put all Max's meds on the counter and laid her down on the couch. I laid down beside her and she snuggled up next to me. I then wrapped my arms protectively around her and fell asleep.

Max POV

I woke up on the couch in mommy's arms to her phone vibrating in my ear. It was Mila so I answered it. I stood up so I didn't wake mommy up.

M- Hello?

C- Hey sweetie, can I talk to your mommy?

M- S..she's asleep I..I'm sorry.

C- Don't be sorry, it's alright. I just called to say that we just landed and should be there soon okay?

M- O..Otay Mila.

C- Love you sweetie.

M- I..I love you too.

I hung up then laid back down, accidentally waking mommy up. "I..I'm sorry mommy. I..I didn't mean to wake you up." "Hey.. It's okay Babygirl, are you alright?" Honestly I wasn't, but I was afraid of being a burden, but my demons were starting to bother me really badly already. "Y..yea I'm fine." She gave me the 'I'm not gonna buy that' look. I sighed and shook my head. "What's wrong Babygirl?" I shook my head, my demons were screaming at me not to tell or they would hurt me. I couldn't hold it in anymore and I collapsed into mommy's arms and started crying really hard: "shhhh.. Baby, it's okay."

Camila POV

We'd landed and by now we were already at Demi's. I texted her to tell her that we were here and she texted back telling us to come in. When we got in, Max was in hysterics and Demi was trying to calm her down. We sat down in the living room and I sat by Demi and Max. "Mila can you hand be Max's pills and a cup of water?" I nodded. There were a bunch of different pill bottles on the counter. "Um.. Demi which ones?" I asked. "The Thorazine." I brought her the pills and the cup of water. She gave Max the pill And she took it. I hope Max is okay, that's a lot of pills for a little kid like Max. Max had calmed down a good bit and Demi stood up with Max still in her arms. "Is she gonna be okay?" Ally asked. Demi nodded, "Yea she'll be alright, but I have to give her some of her other medications. Just in case you, guys might wanna pay attention." We all agreed and followed Demi into the kitchen. She pulled out some type of shot and Max tensed up and clung to her. "Baby you don't need this now, calm down." After Max was calmer, Demi set her on the counter and she realized that we were here for the first time. "Mila!" She jumped down and hugged me, "Hey sweetie." I said. "Hai Lauren. Hai Dinah. Hai Normani. Hai Ally." She said hugging us all.