Epilogue

It's the final chapter....

Did you know....  I originally planned to kill Alex. xD

Song of this chapter:  Kiss Me Slowly-Parachute

~~~

Epilogue

They wouldn't let me out of the hospital for another three weeks, checking if my new-found kidney cancer has doubled.  So far, there is nothing new and the surgery was done remove the tumor.  But staying in the hospital doesn't matter to me as long as I have him by my side.

I knew I had made the right decision from the start.  I knew there was no regret.  As Johnny Depp said, "If you are in love with two people, pick the second one, because if you truly loved the first then you wouldn't have fallen for the second one."

Confused?

I'm all set for kidney cancer, not so much for bone cancer.  The suspicious ankle lump has been removed but the cancer is still there.  In a strange, hippie-ish way, I'm not even scared.  What will come will come, right?  And I least I have him by my side, to save me from it all.  I was truly lucky the day I met him.

I'm not allowed to go to my classes because they're afraid, in my 'delicate' condition, I might collapse again and this time they said they might not be able to save me.  Pssh.  I hate being called delicate.  It's demeaning. 

Moxie and Tony brought me all the schoolwork and homework, so I was semi-caught up.  I also have a tutor coming in.  But I'll be able to go back for sophomore year, the doctors said.  I still get to go to college.

Today I was getting out, but he didn't know.  We had planned to surprise him at his house. 

The doctors gave me the okay, and I walked out of the door, Mary holding tight to my hand as we piled into the car.

"He's gonna be so surprised, Elle," Mary said, and the corners of her eyes crinkled.

Yes.  Yes he is. 

I'm dressed in a green strapless prom dress that goes all the way down to the floor, made of a soft fabric that billows around me like the curtains in my tower room at the Bradleys.  There is a sparkly gold band that lines the top, and crosses just under my bust to form an X that wraps around behind me.  The dress is his favorite color, and favorite shade.

My long auburn hair -- er, wig -- falls in shiny waves down my back thanks to Mary's excellent styling hand.  She's surprisingly good for a woman who has only boys for chilldren.  My makeup is light, with only voluminizing mascara, light pink lipstick, and a small amount of blush to make me appear as innocent and natural as possible.  The natural part, yes.  Innocent, not in a million years.

Mary says I'm glowing.  Apparently that happens to pregnant women.

JOKING.  I'm not pregnant. 

(*Author's Note: Did I scare you? xD*)

But seriously, she did say that I was glowing.  Maybe because I'm so in love?  I wouldn't know, I've never been in love before so I have no personal experience.

We pulled up to the house and my hands start to shake.  I try to calm myself, I don't want to stain the dress with the sweat.  It is the most beautiful thing I have ever worn for freshman prom.  The Bradley's offered to have it at their house, with no alcoholic beverages, of course. 

Thank you, Mary.  I don't need to get drunk tonight and do something stupid.  Because even though I swore my oath to never drink, someone might shove something down my throat and then I'll be a goner.