Chapter 19-Chemo

oh no, the sad chapter.... expect tissue boxes

Chapter 19-Chemo

"Elle?" Andrew asked, helping me up.  "It's really you?"

"Yeah, it's me. . . .," I said, and then gulped.

Oh fuck.  Andrew didn't know. Andrew didn't KNOW. HE DIDN'T FUCKING KNOW!

But then again, neither did Moxie and Tony.

"Where've you been all these years?" he asked, his eyes narrowing just the slightest bit.

Ignoring you. . . .

"Uh . . . places. . . .," I said, waving my hand.

"What kind of places?" he asked suspiciously.

"With my mother," I said, and I heard Tony and Moxie's little intakes of breath.  I had already told them.

"Ah, I see," he said, his eyes narrowing more now.  "And your mother was more important than me?"

"I stopped talking to you in the FIFTH FUCKING GRADE!!!!!!  Why did you even THINK you were important?!" I cried, crossing both arms over my chest.

"I expected you to care all these years!" he yelled back, and oooohh didn't we look like the couple breaking up in the parking lot.

"You know what, FUCK YOU!" I shouted, grabbing Tony and Moxie by the arm and dragging them away to the car.

"THIS IS NOT OVER!" he called to me as we strode away.  "ALL THOSE YEARS!"

I shivered.  That was so LONG ago, though!  It was a part of my life I was more than willing to forget.

"Who was that?" Moxie asked.

"No one," I growled, unlocking the car and sliding into the driver's seat.

"Didn't seem like no one," Tony pressed, climbing into the backseat.

"Can you guys just . . . stop?!" I yelled as we drove away.  "I have to go in for chemo tomorrow and I just wanted tonight to be special!"

Uh oh.  FUCK.  Now I had done it. 

"Ch - chemo?" Moxie stammered from next to me.

"Yes, chemo," I sighed, pulling over off of the road and turning around in my seat.  "Guys.  I have bone cancer."

"Oh ELLE!" Tony and Moxie screamed at the same time, and both flung themselves onto me, crushing me with their arms.

We all started crying then.  It seemed that there weren't enough tears. 

"I-I'm gonna b-be okay," I stammered through the tears, wiping my eyes.

"W-we h-hope so!" Moxie cried, rubbing her cheeks where her mascara had started to run.  "W-we don't w-want to l-lose our awesome r-room m-mate!"

"Y-yeah," Tony said, grasping my arm.  "W-we'll hang on."

"So you have to g-go in for chemo t-tomorrow?" Moxie asked, leaning back.  "You're gonna l-lose your hair, right?"

I nodded.  They were silent.  I strapped myself back in, started the car, and drove off again.  We were silent all the way back to the college. 

As we pulled into the dorm parking lot, the whole car shook with the force of some music pounding from one of the dorms.  As we parked, we could feel the techno beat thrumming through our chests, and our earrings were jangling.

"Do you wanna go in and have one last night of fun?" Tony whispered to me as we walked up the front lawns.

I shook my head, sighing.