Chapter 13-Oh My God....

MWAHAHAHA don't hate me :)

Chapter 13-Oh My God....

I strode back into my room at about 8:00. I had met Maddy and Ayla at Illiano's and decided to catch up. It took us a while to finally be on the same page with each other.

I laughed to myself as I pulled on my pajamas and climbed into bed. I was just snuggling into my pillows when my bedroom door creaked open and clicked closed. My eyes shot open and I gulped. Ohmigod is it someone here to kill me?! AAAHHHH!!!!!

They drew closer and closer and finally climbed into bed with me.

Huh....?

"Hey beautiful," Alex whispered, kissing my cheek before drawing me to his chest.

I smiled and snuggled my head into the pillow. So happy now....

In the morning I woke up, slowly detached myself from Alex's embrace, and yawned. I winced as my ankle moved. Strange....

YOu see, I had this strange BUMP on my ankle that was like a second ankle. It was like a bone growth. (wink wink for those of you who know me....) It hadn't hurt in a while though. Strange.....

I got out of bed and slowly tested it. Felt fine.... I walked into my closet and pulled on a teeshirt with a hemline just above my belly button and short shorts. I walked out of the closet and Alex was sitting up in bed, smiling at me.

"Morning sleepy head," I said, going over to kiss him.

"Morning," he said, yawning.

"Go brush your teeth," I grumbled, pulling away.

He rolled his eyes and laughed, going into my bathroom to brush his teeth.

"Oh and Elle! Beesh ernd err erawws plah fashutbowl own satradaahs," he said, the last part muffled because he was brushing.

HOLY SHIT WHAT?! Luckily I spoke Alex.

"What?!" I screamed, bursting into the bathroom. "You and your brothers always play FOOTBALL on Saturdays?!"

"Yep," he said, popping the P as he spit out the toothpaste.

"You GOTTA be kidding me," I said, crossing my arms.

Apparently not. As I was trying desperately trying to warm myself up in the cold drizzle that was falling in the Bradley's backyard, I wondered why exactly I wanted to embarrass myself in front of eleven boys. I still had no clue.

"Alrighty then! Oreos....eleven.....fried nachos....tacos....HUT!" screamed Nick, throwing the football.

It was just a tangle of muddy bodies and frustrated growls as the ball continued to slip out of their grasps. I went deep and held my arms up, screaming, "HERE! HERE!"

Finally Alex noticed me, and threw the football.

"I got it! I GOT IT!!!" I screamed, running after it.

But suddenly a CRACK pierced the cold air, and I cried out in pain. My ankle was on fire and I collapsed to the ground, writhing in pain, hissing and yelling, "Ow! OW!"

I tried to move my foot and found I couldn't. I couldn't even feel it. The last thing I remembered was Alex bending over me, picking me up and running back to the house, the other boys trailing behind him.

"Alex...," I whispered before drifting into unconsciousness.

***

Hours later, shapes started coming into focus as I opened my eyes. I could see heads gathered around me, waiting. My whole body was numb, but I still couldn't feel my ankle. That was bad.

I sat up and immediately regretted it. Stars swam before my eyes and someone caught me before I could bang my head on the bed.

Everything started coming into focus and I blinked. The whole Bradley family was gathered around me, gazing at me worriedly. A few were staring at the door expectantly.

"ELLE!" Alex screamed, and I winced. "Baby, are you okay?" he whispered, stroking my hair.

"I don't know.... Am I?" I asked, staring at my ankle. It lay on the bed, bound in gauze. It still hurt but the pain meds were dulling it.

"The doctor said he had to run some tests from blood samples and stuff he took from your ankle. He should be back any minute," said Mary, glancing worriedly at the clock above the door.

I was lying on crisp white sheets in a crisp white room with crisp white furniture and crisp white floors. It must be a hospital.

"What happened...?" I groaned, rubbing my head.

"You broke your ankle, baby. The doctor said he notice something and wanted to run some tests. I hope you're okay baby," Alex whispered, stroking my face and kissing me softly.

"I will be, I promise," I said, squeezing his hand.

At that moment the doctor entered the room.

"Aaahhh, Elle, you're awake! Well, I have some things to tell you," he said, sitting down in a chair next to my bed.

"Is she gonna be okay, doctor?" Mary asked, wringing her hands.

"We're not so sure," he said, shaking his head.

WHAAAAT?! Oh my god....

"Elle, you already know that you have what we call a 'bone tumor.' You have one on your ankle, and you have had appointments for it. Is this the first time it's caused you pain?"

"First time it's caused significant pain," I said, sitting up straighter and leaning back on the bed.

"Okay. Well, your bone tumor was digging into one of your leg bones, and from running it too hard you caused it to break. Not your fault, let me assure you. We brought you here, and well, there's a problem," he said, looking troubled.

"Problem?!" Mary screeched, haning onto John tightly.

"Yes, a problem," the doctor said, wincing at Mary's screech. "It's a very significant problem, and...." he trailed off, taking his glasses off and rubbing his forehead.

"What?!" I asked, eyes growing wide.

"God, I hate this job sometimes. Elle.... You have - "

TEN MINUTES LATER

I sat there sobbing. I couldn't believe it.... I just COULDN'T. How could I have THAT?!

~~~

I think we'll just cut it off there >:) MOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Until sometime soon my chickies ;)

xoxo

xx

HHR4ever

<3