Chapter 12

I waited at least another week. Not that I was questioning anything or whatever but because I needed a break, a rest. I've been emotionally drained and I just need to be, me, I guess.

I grabbed my bag, that I didn’t even bother unpacking, as I passed the door. My lips twitched into a smile as I remembered where I was heading. I decide not to give him a call, or any of them, I was going to surprise them.

I couldn't wait to see the look on their faces, especially Asher’s.

Once I was on the plane the nerves set in and I began to panic. What if he was with someone else? What if I waited too long to see him?

Calm. I mentally told myself. He loved me and I believed that he wouldn't do anything to hurt me.

After I landed I hopped into a cab and told him the address to the venue. “You’re going to the concert?” The guy asked as he smirked a bit.

I met his eyes through the mirror and laughed, “Yeah.”

“My daughter and I are going to that. I’m off after this. Why are you going so early?”

“I- uh, meeting someone.” I muttered.

“I see,” He smiled, “I’ll see you at the concert.”

I nodded and handed him the appropriate amount and a little extra to thank him. “thanks. enjoy the concert.”

I looked up at the venue and smiled slightly. I was going to see Asher after weeks of being away. Sure we’ve been apart longer but never when we were ‘broken up’. I missed him and I was nervous that he didn’t miss me, which was crazy because he told me a week ago he missed me but a lot can change in a week.

I made my way around back and flashed them my card that proved I was with the band. Slowly I opened the door and was hit with the smell of backstage. Weird, I know but even though every venue was different they all had a similar smell. It smelled like the guys and it brought tears to my eyes.

As I walked the long hall I heard giggling of a little voice echoing from a room. Following the sound I found myself in the doorway to the second to last door in the hall and from here you could hear the guys on stage, apart from Asher. I shrugged and looked into the room, it was huge and had six chairs in front of a long mirror on one side, a table in the middle and a couch and tv on the opposite side.

Scarlet was sitting on the couch, giggling at the cartoons that played on the tv while her dad sat next to her his head down, I’m assuming he's looking at something, or asleep. And knowing Adam it was the latter.

I tiptoed to the couch and cover Scar’s eyes. She let out a scream as her tiny hands flew up to try to pry mine off her eyes.

“Daddy!” She screamed and he jolted next to her confused, his tired eyes wide before they settled on me.

“Nora?” he whispered like he couldn't believe that I was there.