Chapter 10

My flight arrived and I boarded the plane. I was sad that I had to leave this way but I was also happy that Asher didn’t come after me. I mean I wanted him to stop me, to save me from leaving but I was glad because I need some time to be alone.

I fell asleep as soon as we took off and was awoken by the stewardess when the plane landed. I was still groggy as I made my way to baggage claim. I waited as the luggage rotated on the belt. It was nearly two in the morning and the airport was busier than it should have been. I sighed and grabbed my bag as soon as it came around.

I made my way outside where there was a line of taxi's waiting to take people. A guy came over and took my bag and placed it in his trunk.

“Thank you.” I nodded and hopped into the back. He got in as well and started up the car.

“Where to Ms?” He asked.

I gave him my parents address and he hit the meter and began driving.

We pulled up to the house around four and my dad was waiting on the steps. I paid the driver and thanked him again. My father smiled slightly as a greeting and helped with my bag.

"Hey baby, safe flight?" He asked with a one armed hug.

"Yeah dad." I nodded, "I'm tired though."

"I'll bet." he chuckled, "come on then your mother made you breakfast."

I followed him inside and was greeted by the smell of fresh cinnamon rolls and a squeal of delight. "My baby!" My mom threw her arms around me, "you alright? Hunter told us what happened.”

“I’m fine.” I smiled and inhaled the scent again, “but I’m hungry.”

“You’re just in time, I just took them out of the oven.” She lead me into the kitchen and my dad set down my bag by the stairs. The smell overwhelmed me as I sat at the table, “So what’s the plan now then?” She asked bring the plate over.

“I’m going to go off on vacation so where.” I shrugged, “I’m not sure where yet but I need to just think some things thru.” I pulled apart the roll and was greeted with a warm steam.

“Might I suggest the beach.” My mother smiled, “Your father and I just got back from there not even a week ago, you might enjoy it.”

“Yeah. Maybe.” I smiled and ate the rest in peace. After I finished my mother shooed me off to bed.  

“You look dead on your feet, go get some sleep because Daniel will be awake in a few hours and then nobody will rest.” She grinned.

I smiled, “He still practices the drums as loud as he can?”

“He’s got some rhythm to it but it’s mostly noise, plus Hunter gave him one of his old guitars so he likes to play that too.” My dad rolled his eyes.