Chapter 11

The first time I knew that things were different between us was about six months ago. He started to be distracted easier and his phone rang a lot. I didn’t think anything of it at the time, I thought that it was about the tour but he’d always drop his voice and talk in code and then leave. He began to slip up and I heard him talking about meeting at the ‘spot’.

Still I blew it off because it could just very well have been a meeting with his tour manager, his agent or whatever. But why keep it a secret?

This was the first thing I questioned as I laid back in the sand the sun beating down as the waves crashed onto shore. I knew that I had to figure this all out, I had to decided if I was being irrational or totally in the clear but the more I thought about it the more I thought about Asher, the more I missed him.

He’s probably snuggled up with the slut of a manager. I shook my head as tears pricked my eyes again. I really needed to stop crying.

“Having fun?” A voice asked and I looked up confused.  

“Sorry?” I questioned sitting up and pushing my sunglasses to the top of my head. “Do I know you?”

“No.” He smirked slyly. “But I could buy you a drink and we could get to know each other.”

“Uh,” I looked around and with a sigh I shook my head, “I don’t think that’d be a good idea.”

His smirk widened and he laughed, “What you have a boyfriend or something?”

Asher flashed into my mind in a split second and I bit my lip. What was I supposed to say? “Yeah. something like that.” I mumbled and shoved the sunglasses back down to cover my eyes. “I just want to be alone so if you don’t-.”

“I do mind actually.” He cut me off and sat down next to me on the sand. “I was trying to be nice. You looked like you were thinking really hard and I wanted to take your mind off of it.” I told me and I rolled my eyes. “So about that drink.”

“I said no.” I growled and stood up grabbing my towel that I was laying on and my tote bag that lie next to me.

"You'll be back." He chuckled, "they always come back."

"Not me." I told him firmly before I walked away. Couldn't a girl just spend some time alone?

I made my way back to the little beach house I rented for the week and stopped when there was a flash. There were paparazzi following me and some stood outside my house! The flashes continued as I stood there stunned, how did they find me? Or I guess more importantly why? It's not like Asher or the boys were here.

After a moment of them shouting at me I finally unfroze and hurried my way into the house. I groaned while hurrying to close the curtains on the windows so they couldn't see in. You never know with those high tech cameras nowadays. After I was satisfied, and no light streamed in through the windows, I laid down on the couch. On instinct I grabbed my phone and dialed his number automatically.