A Guiding Force (Part 2)

STILES POV

*KNOCK, KNOCK*

"Coming!" I yelled, running down the stairs, knowing it was Scott. 

"Hey." I said inviting him in.

"Dude, you look terrible." He said surprised 

"Thanks..." I said sarcastically.

Scott flashed the toothy grin I knew too well and we made our way to my room. I slumped down on my bed and patted the spot next to me. 

"Scott, you know how I always told you that you didn't understand what I was feeling with my mom passing away?" I asked, nervous.

"Yes.." He anwsered, wanting me to continue.

"Well, I finally talked to someone who did understand, Derek." 

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"I'll get it." Scott said while jumping up from his spot on the bed and bounding down the stairs.

DEREKS POV

Honestly, I think I'm losing my mind. I have to talk to Stiles again somehow but without seeming interested... wait am I interested? 

I grab my t-shirt and keys and jump in my Camaro. "What are you doing Derek?,"  I thought scolding myself, "He's already been through so much you can't just throw this on him too."  My mind was arguing about whether I should turn around and go home but by the time I made up my decision I was already pulling up in Stiles' driveway. Scott's mom's car? "Is Scott here?" I whispered to myself. yeah, I had told Stiles to call him but I really didn't want him to. Scott isn't always the best friend to Stiles and he deserves better.

I reluctantly got out of the car and knocked on the door, knowing that Stiles' dad wasn't there. 

"Yes?" Scott opened the door expectantly.

"Ummm.. I need to talk to Stiles... alone." I mumbled.

"Maybe another time, we were in the middle of a conversation." He anwsered rudely.

"Let me rephrase that... I need to talk to Stiles NOW!" I exclaimed, getting so angry I even surprised myself.

"Okay, okay dude. Chill." Scott said moving out of the way and walking towards his car. 

Scott wasn't my Beta but he knew my strength and backed down, thankfully.

I walked up the creaking stairs following the only memory I had of Stiles' house. I made my way down the hallway and looked into Stiles' room to see him sitting on his bed wide eyed.

"What.. wh.. at... are you doing here Derek?" The nervous boy managed to stammer.

I walked over and sat on the bed next to Stiles. Before I could say anything I was cut off, again, by the sight of the ocean deep brown doe eyes staring back at me. There was something there and I didn't know what it was. I felt a familarity and I felt safe. I knew he felt it too by his facial expression and his scent, He was as just as entranced by my eyes as I was about his. 

I quickly turned away, breaking the gaze. I was afraid that maybe this odd connection would be something else I would ruin. Something I could mess up yet again. 

But Stiles pulled my face back to his, only inches apart. He said, " I don't exactly know what is going on here but you can't just run away from it." I knew he was right so I just shook my head.

"You know I'm not the talking type." I replied. 

I wrapped him up in my arms and the feeling was unbelieveable. I finally felt home. A smile graced Stiles' lips and he pulled away only to look at me. I wrapped him up once again and layed down with him on my chest. "Goodnight Stiles." I whispered looking down at him and chuckled seeing he was already softly snoring. 

*What do you think about Scott maybe being a bad guy? New chapter tomorrow! :) Do you like it?*