.:Chapter Nineteen:. Something Different

When Rose woke up she saw nothing but darkness. A smell consumed her. It was sweet and… banana-y? Rose lifted her head up, confused. She saw that her head was previously buried in the chest of The Doctor, her arm strung out across his abdomen.

          Her face reddened with embarrassment, but the steady rise and fall of his chest along with the peaceful look on his face told her that he was still asleep. As carefully as possible, she moved her arm and lifted her body up and off of his. When she was safely to her side of the bed she sat up and yawned.

         The Doctor woke up seconds later. As he sat up Rose noticed his hair was in disarray, but it looked strangely well on him. “Good morning.” He said, smiling tiredly. Rose returned his smile with a small one of her own. She reached over and messed his hair up even more.

        “Good morning!” Rose swung her legs over to the edge of the bed. The Doctor got up and walked over to her, just standing there. Rose stood up and lifted her head up to look at his face. “Mind giving me some privacy to get dressed?” She asked quietly.

        “’Course!” The Doctor went out of the room, closing the door behind him.

        Rose got dressed as quickly as possible. As she was sleeping she had a dream that got her excited for the day. She’d been working with the TARDIS every chance she got and she had a bit of a better grip on her control. She’s dreamt that The Doctor and her were in trouble; they were about to be ‘upgraded’ by the big chunks of metal that are known as the Cybermen. In the dream Rose leaned over to take The Doctor’s hand and say her last goodbyes.

       She had been thinking of being back on the TARDIS with him, having a good time and a few seconds later, they were miraculously standing in the console room of the TARDIS. The Doctor had been so proud of her, smiling the biggest smile she’d ever seen and in all honesty, she wanted to see it again.

        Without hesitation Rose ran out of her room and as she passed The Doctor in the hallway, she grabbed his hand and began pulling him along.   

           “Where are you taking me?” inquired The Doctor with a slightly raised eyebrow. 

      “To the garden!” chimed Rose, smiling brightly. She entered the premises of the garden, bringing them both to a small patch of lush, green grass among all the different types of flowers. 

        “How did you find this place..?” he asked. He had never taken her to this part of the TARDIS before. He could only assume that The TARDIS showed her.

            “The TARDIS showed me,” Rose grinned, confirming The Doctor’s assumptions. The Doctor laughed. “Of course she did.”

         “I’m going to try something, yeah?” she took both of his hands, closing her eyes. She imagined the library, shelves upon shelves  filled with hundreds and hundreds of books, as far as the eye could see. She felt herself  disappear for a second, but popping back to the garden in no time. 

          “Hold on,” she murmured. “I can do this. I know I can.” she took a deep breath, and tried again. The Doctor felt a small breeze and a shift, but again, Rose disappeared on her own. She came back, a frustrated look on her face. 

               “Bloody, this is harder than I thought.” she cursed. The Doctor looked at her. 

          “Are you trying to jump and bring me with you?” he asked. Rose nodded, bit the tip of her tongue, and said, “I’m going to try again.”

           The concentrated a little harder than last time, and finally, she got it. She opened her eyes and grinned triumphantly when the familiar smell of dust and paper hit her nose. She looked at The Doctor, and he smiled the biggest smile ever, identical to the one in her dreams.

              “That was brilliant!” exclaimed The Doctor, still grinning a cheshire grin.

          “I did it!” She beamed, attacking him in a hug. He hugged her back, and when she pulled away, he fought back the urge to kiss her. 

              “To the console room?” he proposed, holding out his hand. 

           She couldn’t help but smile. “To the console room!” she agreed, taking his hand and jumping, bringing him with her. 

              When they arrived, The Doctor let go of Rose’s hand and went to sit on the jumpseat. He looked up at the display screen, and saw that someone had sent him a message.  Rose looked at the screen from The Doctor’s side. 

Hello Doctor. 

The Ood need your help. Please come as soon as possible.

Ood Sigma

              “Looks like we’re going to visit The Ood.”