.:Chapter Nine:. Time Can be Rewritten

The Doctor and Donna had just appeared in a street. There were empty cars and houses with broken windows. Limp papers flew around in the wind. The place was completely deserted.

      “Like a ghost town..” said Donna, looking around.

      “Sarah Jane said they were taking the people,” Said The Doctor. “What for? Think, Donna, you met Rose in that parallel world, what did she say?”

      “Just..The Darkness is coming.”

      “Anything else?” The Doctor inquired, mad with curiosity. He needed to know.

      Donna looked away with a thoughtful look on her face. Her eyes shifted to a place somewhere behind The Doctor. She smiled.

      “Why don’t you go ask her yourself?”

      The Doctor gave Donna a confused look. What is she going on about?

      She gave a slight nod of her head and The Doctor turned around. There was Rose, at the other end of the street, looking at him with a smile that could outshine the sun. He stared in disbelief, not believing his eyes. Rose began to run towards him, and he started to run towards her.

      Rose’s smile disappeared. She remembered what The Doctor’s 11th self told her.  “Doctor! Don’t!” she yelled frantically. “You have to stop!”

      “Why!?” The Doctor asked in confusion, still running.

      “Trust me!” She yelled. She looked to the alley just in time to see a dalek appear.

      “Exterminate!” yelled the Dalek, shooting at The Doctor.

      “Duck!” screamed Rose. The Doctor ducked, dodging the dalek’s beam of electricity, which shot at nothing. Suddenly, Jack appeared and shot the dalek, blasting it to smithereens. Rose ran over to The Doctor, tackling him to the ground.

      “Aaah!” exclaimed The Doctor, startled by her sudden tackling. He looked up at her.

      Rose giggled slightly and smiled. “Hello, Doctor.”

      “Er- Hello, Rose.” said The Doctor, smiling. She could’ve sworn she saw him blush slightly. “Long time no see.”

      “You didn’t die this time. We’ve changed time.” said Rose.

      “That’s good,” said The Doctor, smiling. He stood up, pulling her with him. Rose held onto his arms, afraid that she was going to disappear again.

      “And you are not leaving me in Bad Wolf Bay again, okay? I will have the TARDIS hide all of the bananas if you do.” Despite the fact that she was being serious, Rose smiled.

      Rose changed time, changing all the events that led up to her being dumped off at Bad Wolf Bay for a second time. She wasn’t going to let him make up some lousy excuse.

       “Again? Why would I ever want or need to do that again?” asked The Doctor, confused.

      “You did.. you would’ve gotten shot by the dalek, put your regeneration light stuff into your hand in the jar, then Donna would’ve created a Doctor Donna and a Meta Crisis Doctor. Donna would’ve had to forget you and every adventure. You were going to leave me at the beach with your copy.” Rose went off on one of The Doctor’s famous ramblings.

      The Doctor was silent, speechless, and wondering why he would ever do anything like that.

      “Yeah,” Rose smiled slightly and hugged him. “But we’ve changed it. Now you don’t have to. I’m going to stay with you. Forever. That’s a promise.”

      The Doctor hugged her back, smiling. “I’m not losing you again. That’s a promise.”

      Rose buried her face in his chest, breathing in his scent. She smiled brightly. “Good. Now I think we have planets to save!” She pulled back, grinning with her tongue poking through her teeth.

      The Doctor gave her a goofy grin. “Allons-y?”

       She took his hand. “Allons-y!” She agreed.