.:Chapter Fifteen:. Bad Dreams

A few days had passed since the cologne incident, and Rose felt that she and The Doctor were back to normal again, although she still felt that there was something he wasn’t telling her.

She was laying in bed, sleeping soundly. In his room, The Doctor was laying in his bed, reading a book he’d read countless times. He couldn’t remember what it was called or who it was written by, due to the tattered, torn cover.

He flipped a page. He loved this book. It was about stars, even though he already knew almost everything about the stars. Rose had gotten him this book for Christmas a long time ago. He smiled to himself, remembering that Rose was here.

Around midnight, Rose began to break out in a cold sweat. Sh began to thrash violently, and eventually began to shout. Hearing the shouting, The Doctor dropped his book and rushed to Rose’s room.

He went over to her bed, and shook her shoulders. “Rose!” He exclaimed, extremely worried. She woke up with a start and clutched The Doctor’s arm desperately.

He looked at her, still very concerned. “What happened?”

Rose was breathing heavily, and a tear rolled down her cheek. “I-I..Cardiff..The Void..” She stuttered, letting out a choked sob. The Doctor remembered what happened, and his facial expression saddened.

“I- Oh-oh, Rose..” He couldn’t find the right words. He lied down next to her and held her close. She cuddled up into his side, laying her head on his shoulder. For a few moments, neither of them said a single thing, until Rose finally spoke up.

“Doctor? Can- can I ask you something?” Rose was hesitant. She was going to finally ask him what she had imagined thousands of endings to.

“Of course,” said The Doctor. He rubbed small circles on her back, trying to comfort her.

Rose sat up and cleared her throat but even then she couldn’t bring the words to her lips. She gained control and looked him in the eye.

“What..what were you going to say? Before you ran… out of time… at Bad Wolf Bay?” she used a quiet voice, afraid to ask.

The Doctor was silent for a moment before he looked her in the eye and finally said, “Rose Tyler, I love you.”

Tears began rapidly rolling down her cheeks, and she buried her face in his chest. “I love you too,” she whispered in the quietest voice.

The Doctor’s eyes, too, were filled with tears, and a few escaped. He held Rose close to him, not ever wanting to let her go. Rose eventually cried herself to sleep, clutching onto him, not daring to let go.

When Rose awoke in the morning she found the Doctor still at her side. His eyes were closed; he looked so peaceful when he was asleep. That brought a smile to her face; he hardly ever stayed past Rose falling asleep.

Rose decided to make the Doctor breakfast in bed. She got up, pictured the kitchen and their little playful disagreements they’ve had and took a step. She landed herself in the kitchen and began making some pancakes.

As she was cooking she had a small radio on the counter playing music. Her favorite song came on and Rose began dancing. Right as she took her first step, she disappeared from the kitchen.