.:Prologue:. He's Worth the Monsters

"Pete is always at Torchwood, and I'm here to look after Tony." Rose's mum, Jackie, complained from the living room.

                After Pete assisted Rose, and the Doctor in defeating the Cybermen infiltrating the alternate Torchwood. After it was saved, Pete took charge of Torchwood, turning it for the better after the destruction of the emotionless Cybermen; he's been spending an unusual amount of time there, and it hasn't been rubbing Jackie the right way.

                Rose became slightly annoyed with her mother. Whilst she's already been in the alternate universe for a year, she hasn't stopped, not even for a second, thinking about the Doctor. Here, her mother was thinking about how the chips from the little shop on the corner taste funny whenever the blonde bloke is working, or how Pete's mum calls at all the bad times when Tony is trying to sleep. It's beyond Rose how her mother can think of such ordinary things whilst Rose is constantly worrying about the Doctor's mind set without her with him.

                Every second that Rose had of spare time, was taking alien parts from the Archives from Torchwood. It took Rose a few long, horrible months, but with her extreme determination, and help from a few people that she met in Torchwood, she made it. She was able to make a dimension cannon, allowing her to reach her universe, and find the Doctor. She could remember her journey back to her universe. It was almost like it was perfectly etched into her mind.

                It was an extremely dodgy process, but as she stepped into the middle of the cannon, she thought back to what Sarah Jane had told her. It was entirely and undeniably true; Rose would risk anything just to be with the Doctor again. Her last thought before being thrown into the universe, where everything started was the Doctor is worth the monsters.

                Rose looked up to see little, pale creatures beaming beamed up into the sky, onto something that Rose hasn't seen fully functional in a really long time: a spaceship. It was a little weird for Rose, seeing the creatures being brought up into the spaceship, rather than being brought down to destroy Earth. This, no matter how odd it seemed for her, brought a smile to her face. If she was seeing the little things going away from Earth, only meant one thing. The Doctor was here. Her heart skipped a beat, and she pushed past some onlookers. She was going to see her Doctor again; after all this time.

                The streets were heavily crowded with people, and Rose had a little difficulty slipping past some of the people without earning a shouted curse, or insult. In the state that Rose was in now, full of pure determination and hope, she could be face-to-face with a Dalek, and not have a care in the world. Nothing, not even a Dalek, would stand between her and this rare chance.

                Rose could no longer manage to squeeze past the people on the side walks, so she opted to stay on the side, looking around frantically. She was sure that she wouldn't look too out of place, while the people around her were looking around for a completely different reason. She could only really see the back of people's heads. She did catch a glimpse of a pinstriped suit and Rose's heart skipped another beat. It was happening. She was finally seeing her Doctor again, after so long.

                She followed behind him and a red-haired lady; a safe distance behind. Rose was excited to finally being able to see her Doctor, but she didn't want to freak him out. In addition, she was a bit curious as to who this red-haired woman was.

                Back an alley sat the TARDIS and a car. Rose stayed behind the corner as the Doctor and the woman talked. It sounded like she would be staying with him and travelling with him. It irked her a little that he was travelling with anybody but her, but she knew that he shouldn't be alone. It wasn't good for him.

                Rose heard the lady's heels pounding on the slippery pavement, gradually getting closer to her hiding spot. Rose quickly left, moving back to where the police had blocked off the road near where the woman had fallen out of the transport beam. Rose stood there, letting her thoughts consume her. She pulled away though, when the familiar voice of the woman called to her.

               “Listen, there's this woman that's gonna come along. A tall, blonde woman called Slyvia." Rose turned to face her, as she spoke in a little rushed tone.

                "Tell her, that bin there." She continued.

                "Right? It'll all make sense: that bin there." With that, she ran off to travel the universe with the man that Rose loved.

                Rose's face and thoughts were hopeless. Her trip here had been useless, but she knew, deep down, that she shouldn't go to him. No matter how much she wanted to run and jump into his arms, she couldn't. Not yet.

                Rose was brought out of her thoughts with another compliant from her mum. She sighed and continued walking down the hall towards the kitchen, not realizing she had stopped her advance in the first place.

                In mid step, Rose felt a weird shift and felt a breeze against her face. Suddenly, she was no longer in the hallway of her mum's house; she was in an unfamiliar, the lights flickering violently on and off, the room getting darker and darker as the line of lights were going out, one by one, advancing to the very spot that Rose stood, unresponsive and dazed in one spot.