~Scandal~30 part 1

Start from the beginning

      "All right," I consented, "okay. Let's go on a date...as an official couple."

      I mean...how bad could it be?

      Evan swallowed before meeting my eyes. "Are you sure?"

      I nodded. "Yeah, sure, why not?"

     He smiled. "Let's go on Sunday."

     "Sunday? Why Sunday?"

     His smile vanished. "You're joking right?"

      I raised my brows, completely clueless. "Joking about what?"

      Evan's eyes narrowed. Uh-oh...that was never a good sign. Shit, did I forget something again? He knows I'm not good at remembering stuff.

      "What?" My eyes went wide at his expression. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

      "Derek, you really suck at remembering birthdays, even your friends."

      I opened my mouth to ask who's birthday but quickly shut my mouth when it finally dawned on me. Shit! Evan's 18th birthday was on Sunday! October 23!

      I groaned, closing my eyes before opening them again. I gave Evan a weak smile. "Damn, sorry. Totally slipped my mind."

     "I figured it did," Evan said, face going blank. "You must be getting Alzheimer's already."

      "Shut up," I grumbled. "My bad, but can you blame me? With all the shit that happened of course some stuff would slip my mind."

      "Hmm." Was the reply I got and it sounded sarcastic.

      I decided against pointing out exactly what "all" that stuff was. Like him telling me he was gay, Shelly accusing him of being her baby's father in front of the entire school, then me stupidly telling the school that we were lovers because I didn't want Greg beating me to it. Oh, and let's not forget me finding out that Evan has been into me for a long time and I had been clueless about it.

      What else? Right, I admit I'm in love with him too after getting over the fact that we are both guys. More Shelly drama. I find out that one of my friend's is a complete asshole and then bam! I get shot. Did I miss anything? Probably but with all that stuff going on, can't he give me some slack for forgetting his birthday?

      And I didn't even want to think about Charlie and Shelly anymore. Shelly's dad is still in jail for almost killing me and as for Shelly...she ended up moving in with a woman who looked after troubled teen girls. She still goes to this school and we see her hanging around Paul. Charlie...who gives a damn about him. He hasn't talked to us since we confronted him weeks ago. And it didn't look like Daisy has forgiven him either.

      Shit, no more drama for me. I'm staying out of their lives. I'm tired of getting mixed in their mess. I'm going to make sure that Evan and I don't get caught up in other people's drama from now on. We had enough drama of our own with us being the sudden popular boy couple in school.

      Friggin Yaoi lovers. Now that I think of it, I still gotta find out who the hell that Cookie person is...

     "Derek? Derek!"

      I blinked, snapping out my thoughts. "Huh? What?"

      Evan frowned at me. "I said that we don't have to go on a date if you don't want to."

      I waved a hand. "No, it's fine. Let's go. What do you want for your birthday?"

      Evan opened his mouth to answer but quickly shut it. He stared at my face, as if trying to figure out what to say to me. I stared right back at him, lifting a brow and waiting for him to say something. He looked away then looked back at me.