~Scandal~ 4

~VOTE!! COMMENT!! LIKE!!~ Cause you're Cookies' awesome fans! XD

****

Fuck this, I'm going to tail their asses.

      Five minutes after leaving my house I turned right back around and exchanged my jacket with one that had a hoodie. Securing my dark shades over my eyes and the hood of my black sweater firmly over my head, I kept myself hidden from view right across the street from Evan's house. If he thought that he was going to get rid of me that easily then he must not really know me at all.

      Yeah, in my fit of anger I had said that I didn't give a fig if they ran off to get married but the truth is...I did care. I don't know why but it bugged the hell out of me that Evan didn't even want to introduce me, his best buddy, to his friggin' date. What's worse is that it was bugging me that I was bugged about it. Crap, I crunched my face, did that even make sense?

      I didn't have time to think about it, Evan had just stepped out his house talking to someone from the inside. I stepped back a little more to make sure that he couldn't see me, waiting for whoever the hell he was talking to to step out into view. When another figure finally came out, I squinted.

      What the hell? No fucking way!

      I could feel my eyes growing as big as saucers from behind the dark glasses. What the fuck? I swiped the glasses off my face just to make sure I was really seeing what I was seeing. Yup, I wasn't mistaken. He was Evan's date? Him? You've got be shitting me.

      Greg Johnson? GREG JOHNSON!?

      I resisted the urge to face palm. Okay...now this was a low blow. It had nagged me to know that he wasn't attracted to a guy like me like there was something wrong with my type or something but this...THIS was a slap in the face. No, a punch to the gut because he would prefer a guy like Greg...GREG, to me. ME. Compared to Greg Johnson, a.k.a school library assistant, a.k.a class nerd.

      And Evan was dating this little twerp? This chicken little look a-like? Un-freakin-belivable!

      I jumped up and swore under my breath when my cell phone went off. Still glaring at Evan's direction, I answered after three rings. "What?"

      "Hey, man," Paul's voice said from the other line, "where are you? We've been waiting for you and Evan to show up. We're already by the movies."

      "Change of plans," I snapped, eyes following Evan and Greg's movement. They were walking towards Evan's car, saying stuff I was too far to hear.

      "Change of plans?" Paul parroted. "What? Why? What happened?"

      Hell, I couldn't tell him that I just found out that the school idol was going out with Stewart friggin' Little. Instead I said, "Something else came up. Talk to you later." I hung up before he could question me even more.

      Grabbing my bike, I waited til Evan drove away before following.

***

~Evan's POV~

Derek was following us.

       It was painstakingly obvious that it would take a blind man not to notice him. I'm sure he thought that he was doing a good job concealing himself, trying to blend in with the crowd or hide behind objects but sadly...he wasn't.