~Scandal~ 5

Cookie: Okay! Here's Chap 5! Woot woot! I kinda feel iffy about this chapter. It feels like I left something out...or somethings wrong with it. D: That or I have gas....teehee

Anywhooooo, Im thinking of making Steve R Mcqueen, the guy who played Jeremy in Vampire Diaries to play Derek. He looks like a Derek...and I think he's sexy. Hehe That's a pic of him on the right---> see? see? XD

Song is CrushCrushCrush by Paramore ^_^

----

~Evan's POV~

He was moping.

      I entered his room, hesitating in the middle of the entrance when I spotted his hunched figure in front of the T.V screen. He sat on the carpet, legs crossed Indian style with his PlayStation 3 controller in his hand. I'm pretty sure he had known the moment I had entered the room but he kept his hunched back stubbornly turned to me, his eyes remaining on the screen as he played.

      I walked into his room, taking a seat on the edge of his bed mattress. I silently watched him, that comical image of him with dog ears and tail back on my mind. I imagined that his tail would be rapped around his waist as his doggy ears would still be down in dejection. His sulky attitude almost made me want to laugh but I'd probably hurt his feelings. As tough as he acted...Derek was easily hurt.

      "Hey," I said.

      His eyes remained on the screen, acting like he hadn't heard me.

      I tried again. "What are you playing?"

      "Nothin'," he finally said after a minute of silence.

      I sighed, standing. I sat down right next to him, shoulder brushing against his. Derek didn't even flitch. He kept his eyes stubbornly glued to the screen, thumbs moving furiously on the controller.

      "Really?" I said, "you're not playing anything? So that's not a controller in your hand? My bad."

      He shot me a dark look before returning his attention back to the game. I bumped my shoulder against his. "How long are you going to act like this?"

      "I can't believe you're going out with that twerp," he muttered.

      "I'm not going out with him. It was just a date."

      "Same thing."

      "If you went out on a date with a girl," I began, trying to make a case, "does that necessarily mean that you're 'going out' with her?"

      It took him a minute before he grudgingly answered with "I guess not." He glanced at me. "But I still don't like it."

      I sighed. He was going to be difficult right to the end, wasn't he? "Derek, it's not like its easy finding a gay partner around here."

      "Oh yeah" Derek snorted. "Well how did you two meet? Is there same gay telepathy? Like when you see each other you instantly know that the other is gay?"

      "Stop being a smartass all the time, Derek."

      "Just sayin'," he grumbled. "So how did you two meet? Gay Match.Com?"

      I glared at him.

      "Okay, sorry," he muttered. "But I do want to know."

      "Why?"

      "I'm nosy."

      I eyed him before answering. "We met in school, obviously. It was just by chance that we realized that we had something more in common besides going to the same school."