I'm going out with my friends ex for revenge but i'm falling in love with him (chapter 1)

I slammed my bedroom door. Hard.

What was with my family and humiliating me? I mean, how was it that I ended up in the Hodgeson family? Of all the people who I could have been related to, why them? My mum, I admit was fairly normal. In fact, if she hadn't married my dad, she'd probably be almost cool.

Dad, on the other hand was a different story, like my brother, Billy (more about him in a minute). He had a Kings of Leon obsession. Again, this could be cool - how many people have dads who like decent music? Misconception. I mean it with the word "Obsession". Him and Mum had one wall of their bedroom each to use for whatever they want; he chose to plaster it with posters of them.

Still think my dad is cool? I didn't think so. OK, onto family member number three. Billy is my 11 year old brother. He thinks he is the next Bob Marley and he spends his time singing songs, to which he only knows one or two lines of the words. When he isn't singing random jazzy numbers, he sings hymns. Yes, Hymns, as in Christian songs, and we don't even go to church (weird, I know)!

I plugged in my ipod and started listening to All Time Low. Thank goodness the only weird habit I had was singing along to songs. Sadly though, I had never been very good at singing, and the fact that I was listening to the music made me sound very out of tune. Yes, my prize talent was sounding like a strangled cat.

"Vicky! Come here NOW!" ahh, wouldn't you agree there's nothing like the sound of your Mum screaming your name...angrilly...at 11 in the morning. OK, back to reality; hang on a sec... Damn, what was it I had done this time? I started humming the Avril Lavigne track that was now blasting down towards my eardrums. I took my time - no use rushing to hear your Mum yelling is there?

"VICKY! Come here this instant or you'll be grounded for the rest of this week!". On second thoughts, I hurried up. There was no way I was going to miss Becca's party on Friday.

Ten minutes later, I walked out of the kitchen, trying to look guilty. Mum had found the five quid phone credit voucher I'd got Amy to buy me the other day. I'd basically used up the twenty pounds she'd bought me a week before, and since my mum is very strict about only using my phone occasionally, I can just about see why she was mad... just.

I still had my ipod plugged in, even though mum couldn't see it. I had arranged the cable carefully below my hair, and turned the volume down. After my efforts, my pride and joy was just about undetectable... up til Billy appeared in front of me. Damn it again!

At the time, he was going through a police faze (he tended to go through random fazes like that, as well as his singing habits). Anyway, he decided to give me an airport style check, involving me having to strip down to my skinny jeans and my new black tee shirt. No, I wasn't an emo. Like my brother (I hate to admit that I'm similar to him but it's true), I go through fazes, but clothes wise. Today, I had randomly decided to do the emo thing.

Anyway, because of my hidden ipod, parting with my zip-up hoody meant that it came into full view for Mum, so after Billy had finished his inspection, I had another lecture from mum, resulting in me narrowly escaping being grounded and in Mums words, I managed to "get away with my the confiscation" of my nano. Except it wasn't that simple. I actually hadn't parted with it since I'd got it for my 13th birthday, two years ago.