I'm going out with my friend's ex for revenge but I'm falling in love with him (chapter 12)

Sorry for the late upload, I had a ton of homework and coursework and generally had loads of crap to do. Sorry xxx vote and comment, hope you like it! xxx

*************

I was confused. At least I knew why my friends weren't talking to me - Jack had told them something and even though I didn't know what it was, I was still relieved because I knew that it was likely to be a lie.

The thing that I didn't get was this Joey situation. I wanted to know why she seemed to hate Jack so much. I wasn't stupid enough to think that her angry eyes and spiteful comments had much to do with what he did to me, and I was curious to know why.

I glanced down at the assessment sheet I'd been given. English was normally one of my best subjects, but right then I had so much stuff going through my brain that I could have sworn that all the grey matter had morphed into candy floss. I couldn't think of anything to do.

I frowned at the page for a few more seconds before sighing and leaning back in my chair. What the hell could I do? I had stopped thinking about the assessment and was thinking about the whole complicated friends and boys situation.

Who would have known that I would end up in such a mess. When I had started at this school at the start of last year, I had been a bit goofy and I had had just enough popularity to make a few friends. I had been clever and I had done OK at school - not fantastic, but OK in most subjects.

Now I was... I was... I didn't know what I was. I was still a bit goofy when I wanted to be, but I didn't know if I had friends. I had had an angry ex boyfriend and an understanding boyfriend, and I had gone from being to normal to having confusing boy and friend problems in the space of a week.

I sat forward again, staring blankly at the sheet, before putting my hand up and asking the teacher for help. Could barely read the b****y thing for goodness sake!

Miss Greene looked confused when I asked her for help.

"Are you sure you're all right, Vicky? This is a bit out of character," I smiled and nodded.

"I'm fine Miss, I'm just having a bit of a mental block!" I laughed and played cool, knowing this was the best way to deal with confused/concerned/nosy/annoying teachers.

She raised an eyebrow at me and then started to explain the task to me. It didn't make much more sense but I understood it enough to be able to look like I knew what I was doing. We had a few lessons to do it in, so if it was really bad, I could always redo it.

I started to write a random story. I don't exactly know what it was about, because it was a completely random thought I had, and would probably make even less sense to someone else than it did to me.

I dared to glance over at Jack and Amy and saw that they were still talking. I was surprised - Amy had practically sworn never to talk to him again.

I heard snippets of their conversation, but they were talking more quietly than they had been before and it wasn't really enough for me to be able to understand fully.

"She said something about..."

"No, Rachel explained it to me. It was a ploy - and it was your friend's idea. The rumour was just a rumour,"

"But I don't get how that proves... it just seems... you never said anything about... Joey hasn't got anything... how does she come into this?"

I frowned, trying to hear what they were saying. Then Amy saw me. I expected a glare, but I got more. She stood up and stalked across the room towards me.

"You, are the world's biggest b****, and do you really think that you can betray you're friends, listen into their conversations, ditch us for some randomer, and then pretend we're still friends?" she pointed her finger at me.

"I don't understand... I don't know what I did!"

"Stop making excuses, if you won't admit it, it doesn't make a difference, because everyone, EVERYONE knows what you did. Forget it."

I blinked at her. Then She was being pushed back into her seat by Miss Greene. I stared into space, my eyes not focusing on anything. I still didn't get it. What had I done to them? I felt an arm round my shoulders. It was Joey.

"Miss, please can I take Joey to the toilets so she can clean herself up a bit?" I hadn't realised until then that my make-up was smudged from the tears I didn't know I was crying.

"Of course you can, Joey. Since there's only 10 minutes of the lesson left, you can go straight to your form rooms afterwards," she smiled. Joey took my elbow and steered me to the door.

After a few minutes, I realised that we weren't heading for the toilets.

"Where are we going?" Joey paused for a minute before answering.

"Luke," a few moments later, we reached the Art room.

"Wait out here," she smiled at me then knocked on the door and opened it.

"Excuse me, the office would like to see Luke Riley please," she smiled and then teacher said something. A few minutes late, Luke came through the door. I laughed shakily at Joey.

"You got that line off Buffy!" I smiled, Luke frowned.

"Vicky, what are you doing here? What's going on? Where are we going? It's not really the office is it?" Oops, I had forgotten that Luke didn't know what was going on.

"Jack's what happened. Luke, It's a good thing you asked me to come back here, it's really lucky I was in that class back then." Joey had the dark tone in her voice again, talking about Jack.

"Huh? He asked you to come here? I didn't know you used to come here before." She smiled again, her normal chirpy self

"Oh yeah, long story. I tell you in a minute. Come on, lets go and sit in the hall outside form." she took mine and Luke's hands and pulled us along.

We sat down and Luke started to talk.

"Please can you explain what happened in that lesson?" I let Joey tell him, I felt too weak to tell him.

"Jack has been telling Vicky's friends something about her. We don't know what it was but I don't think it was nice." she squeezed my hand.

Luke's face wasn't as angry as I expected it to be, but his words were worse.

"Git. F***ing GIT! I don't care why he's doing it, he is damned evil. I am going to murder him. I'm going to beat the c*** out of him..." I had put my hand on his arm, trying to calm him down.

He smiled at me and squeezed my free hand apologetically. He leaned towards me to kiss me. I closed my eyes, ignoring the fact that Joey was there.

Then the bell rang. F*** the bell. Joey laughed.

"Serves you right!"

**********

hope y'all liked it!!!!

next chapter i'll explain what's going on with joey, I'm just trying to create

*mystery*'-..-'*'--'*'-...-'***'-'*

ok ignore that random wiggly thing

vote!!!

comment!!!!