Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

It was funny how quickly time moved when you were busy doing other things. Prom was the starting point for everything.

I decided that I would move to Italy, after graduation, and had to start making arrangements. Thus, Dominic had to inform the Italian school that he had decided to accept the position there. There were many things to negotiate because I wanted to stay at Dom's instead of the school, and also the little details of our relationship.

Once all the fine details were taken care of, we found other things to be involved with.

I helped Kelly with her studying for every one of her tests- even if I didn't have the class; I studied the information before hand and helped her struggle through it all. I also made sure that all the arrangements were taken care of for her and her modeling career.

Chris had been true to his word and sent the contract to my lawyers. They reviewed it, made some corrections, and then sent it to Chris' lawyers … then the ping ponging started. Eventually, they got everything straightened out and Kelly had the best modeling contract that was ever created- and she signed, willingly. The photo shoot date was set up for after the finals were all finished. That way she wouldn't get too distracted.

Finals came and everyone was stressed out- well, except for Dominic and me. Kelly had lost her gloss and her little pack of friends were extra snarly. Our schedule was changed to give each class a three hour window to torture its students. Those three hours became the most tiring hours of my life because I was always done with my tests within an hour- and even that hour was a stretch of my time limits.

After I finished, I check and rechecked everything. I tried desperately to look like I was still working on my tests- it was so hard.

You done too? Dom was bored.

Yup. I yawned.

How are you doing? He laughed.

I've checked my test like a million times. I don't understand how it takes so long. I sighed.

Try to remember back to before you were a vampire, Emma. It took you that long and, sometimes, even longer if the teacher would let you. He chuckled.

I stopped to remember the past, a time that felt so long ago. I saw myself struggling to keep my pencil sharpened and fill in all the answers that I knew. Three hours was barely enough time even on my fastest day. Yes, I understand.

So, now you're going to be a little more forgiving to those around you? I could see his face in my mind with his brow lifted.

Yes, I will. I nodded to myself and gave a forgiving glance to the rest of the room- after all, it wasn't their fault they didn't have photographic memories and could remember everything a teacher said. I sighed.

Dominic and I passed every test session like this. He would finish, generally after me, and then he would start talking to me. We talked about everything we could think of. He was going to take another trip to Italy before the end of the year- thus meaning he'd be gone soon for a few days. I told him all about the photo shoot for Kelly and how I'd set it up for his trip time. He thanked me for sparing him from the experience. I laughed.

We discussed graduation and how things would change and when we'd leave for school. There was a lot of information passed. I enjoyed it greatly though.

By the time our final came in Art, Dominic and I presented Miss Ashley with our master pieces; his was a painting of the most beautiful monastery I had ever seen, and mine was a pencil sketching of my entire family- and then we were excused from the classroom.