Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

The next few days blended together as I tried to get some sort of handle on all the new things that were suddenly part of me. Dominic spent every second he could with me, and was very patient with me as I struggled my way through things that he understood completely.

He helped me to learn some control over my thoughts and what I projected out to him- when I put effort into it, I ended up shouting at him mentally. It was a challenge to say the least.

When Dom was busy working with the Bella Notte clubs, Grandpa volunteered to help me figure things out. He showed me how he could easily retract his fangs. It was hard for me not to flinch away every time they came back down. He explained how mine would retract themselves and how it would be a natural thing for me to do later. I wasn't convinced. He also allowed me to mentally batter him as I tried to talk to him using my mind. I really thought I was going to sprain everything, but, somehow, we both survived it. Grandpa was very patient with me and encouraged me to do some exercises alone.

I went up to my room later that day and finally sat down at my computer. I didn't see anything too interesting at first when I opened my email. There was an email from Kelly asking if I was okay. I seriously wondered how she got my email address, but it didn't really phase me. I wasn't allowed to answer emails yet, I was still in the “hospital”. It was so silly to me. I had random spam telling me how they could enlarge parts I didn't even have. Always wondered how I got on those lists.

At the very end of the page was an email from an Issy D., with a subject title that caught my eye; “Emma, it's me, Isabella. Please Read This!,” curiosity was always one of my weaknesses. I clicked on it.

Dearest Emma.

I truly hope that you read this, and don't delete it. I wish that I could be there for you while you are going through all these new changes. Unfortunately, I have been ostracized because I fell in love. I know it has been a really long time. I am so sorry that we moved and I didn't take the time to keep in touch. It's unforgivable. I do hope that you will forgive me and understand that I am still trying to be your friend. I heard gossip that you were friends with a werewolf before you changed, and that he was your boyfriend? I can only imagine that they have already told you that he is too dangerous for you to be around. It isn't true. Werewolves are not the way they used to be. I am engaged to one. That is the reason why my family shun me … I did the unthinkable, I fell in love with the enemy! It is hard for them to understand things today because they are each from a different time. I doubt that you'll believe me. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't. Your friend Mike, I believe that is his name? He isn't as dangerous as they say. Werewolves only are dangerous when seriously threatened. My fiancé, Jack, is the best thing in my life. We were even able to go to school together. Yes, there are places where we co-exist, happily. Just like the schools they've told you about for us vampires- there are schools where we learn together. We also learn to adapt to each other. Jack and I are together in a few classes- not all because we must learn about ourselves as well. We are not the only couple here either. I'm not telling you this so you won't end up my sister; I'm telling you this so you don't get forced away from your Mike. There was no one to tell me, I wish there had been someone, so I'm being your someone. Don't let them keep you away from your friend. It won't be easy- his family is old-school, like ours, and they hold the same standing- but if you don't give up, I doubt he will. I have to go now. Please write back if you still want to be friends.

With much love,

Issy.