Chapter 14 - Denial.

Trey POV.
(Don’t see that too often!)

Turns out, Jasmin’s stomach pain was just false labor. The doctors say it happens all the time. That was a huge relief on my part. I can’t risk anything happening to my child.

Right now, I’m making yesterday’s date up to Destiny. We’re in my car on our way to the cosmic bowling alley.

“You mind if I make a stop by my place? I have to go check on something.” I asked.

“No, not at all. Take your time.” She smiled.

I grab her hand and intertwine our fingers. She smiled the most breathtaking smile.

Man, I really like this girl.

- – – –

“You just wait here. I’ll be real quick.”

She nodded & I got out the car. I approached my front door and it was already open.

“Yo, Jasmin! You in here?” I yell as I close the door.

“Yeah, babe. I’m in your room.”

I made my way to my bedroom and she was laying down, resting against the headboard with a pillow supporting her.

I walked in and sat down on the edge of the bed. “How you feelin’?” I ask as I rub her belly.

“Not too good. My head hurts, I can barely eat, and the baby keeps kicking like mad. Do you have to go out today?” She whines.

“Yeah, I promised De-”

“AHHHHH!” Jasmin screams.

I jump up in a panic. “What? What’s wrong?” My voice frantic.

She bends over in pain. “Ah, my stomach is cramping.” She starts to cry. “Please make it stop.”

“I-I don’t know- What am I suppose to do?” I panic.

“You run her a warm bath, to help the cramps.”

I turn around and Destiny is standing in my doorway. Her expression is blank, but I know she’s gonna be pissed.

“Well are you going to stare? Or are you gonna try and help your baby mama?” She spat. Yeah, she’s pissed.

I ran to the bathroom and messed with the knobs on the tub. Once the water was just right, I added soap to make it extra relaxing. I called Jasmin in here. Destiny was holding her up, because I don’t think she could walk.

“Take off your closes Jay.” I demanded.

“Are you fucking’ crazy? LEAVE!”

I glare at her in disbelief. “I’ts nothing I haven’t seen before. Hello, hints why your knocked up.”

She rolls her eyes. “I wasn’t talking about you. I was talking about her.“ She says with attitude, pointing to Destiny.

Destiny lets her go and puts her hands up in surrender. “You don’t have to be so damn rude, it’s not like I want to see something you don’t have, a body.” She rolled her eyes and looks at me. “I’ll be in the car and you can take me home.”

She ‘smiled’ and stormed out of the bathroom. Seconds later the door was slammed.

I snapped my head towards Jasmin, “Why the fuck’ do you have to be so rude? She was trying to help you out!” I yell.

She winced at my tone of voice, “I’m sorry, she just made me uncomfortable..”

“You could have told her that! You didn’t have to get an attitude with her!”