Chapter 3 - The player, gets played.

I woke up this morning feeling more tired than usual, but still, I still got out of bed & went to take a shower. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, put on a little make-up, & straightened my hair. After, I threw on my wardrobe for the day.

I walked downstairs, had breakfast, grabbed my little sister, & headed for school. I got out the car to get the usual stares. This has become constant since I am known as Trey’s ‘next victim.’ Ridiculous, but hey, atleast he has confidence which makes him even more sexy!

I strutted down the hallway to my locker. I put in the combination & pulled it open, looking for my Chemistry book.

“Hey there.” Said a gentle, soothing voice.

I turned around to be met with a kid with a over-sized, curly, dry-looking afro. I would have to lie to say he wasn’t adorable.

“Hey.” I said with a slight, welcoming smile.

“You’re the new girl, Destiny, right?” He said holding out his hand.

I chuckled, taking his hand. “You must have heard.”

He took his hand out of mine & sighed. “Yeah, Trey is kind of….” He trailed of, seeming to be looking for the right word.

“A player.” I said as more of a statement. I know his time 100 percent!

“Yeah, it’s only your second day here. How’d you already know?” He asked.

I shrugged. “Rumors, experiences, ect.”

He nodded. “Ah, I see!”

Ding. Ding. Ding.

“Well, that’s the warning bell, see ya around?” He said with hopeful eyes.

I smiled & nodded. “Yeah, deffinately.” I closed my locker & headed to Chemistry.

When I got there, Trey was already there. He smirked upon me entering the classroom.

“What the hell’ are you smirking at?” I snapped as I took my seat next to him.

He only continued to smirk. “Your style,” He said looking me up & down, making me feel self concious .

“What’s wrong with my style?” I mumbled.

“Oh, nothing. It’s unique.” He said. “You love converse.”

“Yeah, I don’t really like sandals, so they’re the next best thing.” I said shrugging.

“Next to vans of course, but think what you will shawty.” He said before winking.

I opened my mouth to respond only to be interrupted by the teacher. I instantly zoned out, thinking of what Trey called me. Shawty. That has a nice ring to it. & When it comes out his mouth, it sound seductive that would make any girl melt! This boy is, without a doubt, good at his game.

*

Lunch.

I stood in line, waiting to pay for my food. After what seems like years, I finally got to the front, payed for my food, & made my way to find the table Ayana was sitting at. When I finally spotted her, I quickly waltzed over.

“Hey.” She greeted me.

“Hey.” I greeted back, taking my seat. “Hey, I have a question.”

“Shoot.” She said taking a bite of her pizza.

“Do you know a guy with, a really curly, dry-looking afro?” I asked.