Prologue

Aaliyah's POV

The orphanage wasn't what I was expecting. I guess what I was expecting was some kind of old building. Like the one in the movie 'Annie'. Which of course is my favorite movie! Anyway back to the serious stuff. I'm Aaliyah and I'm 15 years old and I'm hispanic, and I'm about to start my new life in an orphanage.. I could tell it was like a "Catholic" kind of thing. It was in Worcester, MA St Ann's Orphanage. Now, I know what you're probably thinking my mother and father abandoned me! ERRRR! Wrong Answer! It's complicated, after all the grief I've been through. All I can say is stuff just got real. But! I'll explain that to you a little later. Now, it's time for me to get out this "old people car". I entered into the orphanage/catholic kind of church. It surprisingly smelled really good! Next thing I knew I was staring into 5 girls' eyes.

"Girls, this is Aaliyah she will be staying with us for quite a while", said Miss Bailey "I'd rather stay here forever then to back to that bastard" I mumbled under my breath. Miss Bailey looked at me with the corner of her eye. Oops! Said way... too loud. Oh well! "This is Jamie, Trina, the twins -Pamela and Penelope- , and our very youngest Charlotte." I waved hi to them, shyly. I'm not usually shy it's just a week ago I was enjoying my life without "him" and here I am! Without my best friend! "Okay... you guys can talk later. I'll go get her settled in. Come on now!" she said motioning me to follow her  up the stairs. I followed there was a window and I just noticed it was really bright outside. Maybe that's a good sign!