Thirteen: Beach Day

August 2010

Aaliyah's POV

As the sun was blaring down on me I sat in the sand listening to TLC. Blocking out the world is my specialty. I have more time to think and realize everything I have known. Anyways, I was waiting for Ramona to come back with the ice cream. She was gone a long time.

Since I wasn't really paying attention to my surroundings. I didn't notice the cute boy trying get my attention. When I looked up I saw a tall dark-skinned boy looking down at me.

"Oh, hi." I said as I took out my head phones.

"Hey, you kind of were zoned out, right?" he asked.

"Yeah, I was" I replied back. "Do you need something?" I said before he could say anything else. "Yes! We need another player for volleyball. Do yo-

"I'll play!"                                                                                                                                                          "Great thanks."                                                                                                                                                          I'm not the sporty type but I also don't suck at volley. After playing for what felt like an hour. The other team won. But it wasn't my fault there was this guy always missed the ball. I started to walk away back to my spot when the same dark skinned boy came up to me.                                                     "Hey, I didn't get your name"                                                                                                                                   "It's Aaliyah. Yours?"                                                                                                                                              "Danny" he smiled and I noticed he had dimples. "Aaliyah like the singer?"he asked                       "What? Oh yeah yeah. How did you know?"                                                                                                       "My dad used to have this big crush on her when he was younger." he explained.                              "AALIYAH!" someone cried out.                                                                                                                            I instantly turned around to see Ramona running to me. I was quite surprised since Ramona never ran for no apparent reason. So I knew something was wrong.                                                               "Aaliyah. come. with. me." she said out of breath.                                                                                             "What's wrong?" I asked.                                                                                                                                    "Just come." she said while grabbing my hand to run.                                                                                  I turned my head and quickly waved goodbye to Danny and picked up my pace. We ran to the other side of the beach. I stopped paying attention where we were going. Instead, millions of things ran through my mind. I returned to reality when I realized Ramona had slowed down. It literally took a moment for me to take in the scene. My reaction? Mutual.... Patrick was in a fight with some other male.

I took in some breaths trying to calm myself and prayed no one recognized him as my mother's boyfriend.                                                                                                                                                                  Then finally I spoke "Ramona? What the hell is going on? I do not understand why the imbecile is in a fight like he's still in high school."                                                                                                                I said while I turned to her noticing the crowd getting bigger.                                                                        "Well.... the guy he's punching was hitting on your mom, then Patrick came out of nowhere and started arguing with your mom then she left with my mom and.... yeah. Now this is happening." Ramona said pretty quickly.                                                                                                                                  I told her to get security. She eyed me but I nodded and she slightly ran away. I face palmed myself, took a deep breath, and started to walk toward the scene. I mentally shook my head knowing I'm about to cause a scene. I can't believe I'm about to do this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello fellow wattpadians! Yes, yes. I'm alive. I decided to try something new like put the month and the year. I just feel more organized in a wierd way... Anyways! Hope you enjoyed chapter vote tell your friends about this book and TURN UP but  stay sober! Until next time my friends.