xxxiii

Moira

Westchester,New York

Westchester,
New York.

Moira drives into the mansion as Eleanor holds Charles's hand. He looks at her as she looks out of the window. Moira parks in front of the house and helps Eleanor get Charles off the car. She pushes the wheelchair. Moira walks with them into the house.

"Leave the medication in that table, please" Eleanor tells Moira, who is carrying a bag with medication. Moira does as she told her and looks over to Eleanor who is walking towards her leaving Charles in his office "Thank you, Moira, thank you for helping" Moira shakes her head and chuckles.

"It's alright, Eleanor, I really want to make it up to you, after what I did" She confesses with a sad look. Eleanor looks at Moira and shakes her head.

"It's okay, you did what you thought was right" She tells her new friend. Moira turned out to be really helpful and supportive of Eleanor, after spending two weeks taking care of Charles in the Hospital, she really helped Eleanor "That bullet wasn't supposed to end there..." Eleanor comments realizing something, having another one of her moments where she overthinks stuff "Maybe we are truly a threat"

"No, no, no... You are not a threat. We are more of a threat than you are... Erik's kind of right, Erik did this because they don't want to accept you" She murmurs looking at Eleanor, who simply gives her a small smile.

"I wish there were more people like you, Moira" Eleanor tells the agent honestly. Moira smiles back at her as Charles appears in his office's door.

"Should we go take a walk?" Charles suggests with a smile, looking at both women. Eleanor nods and smiles.

"Of course" She replies pulling him out of the house. They start to walk around the gardens. Eleanor starts talking about changes they can do "We can put some labs, make some changes. Hank told me a great idea, we can put a Cerebro in the house but I told him that it can't be obvious"

"The basement" Charles murmurs with a smile "What about the basement?" He asks looking at the woman. She grins and nods, as she thinks about the

"Oh, that's perfect" She comments with a smile. She just wants to make Charles happy. Building this school is her gift to Charles, although it will take them some years to build it, Eleanor hopes that in four years it can be finished, with its doors open for young and lost mutants.

"So, how many students do you think you'll have here once you get the academy up and running?" Moira asks looking at the mansion. Charles looks at Eleanor, who is looking at the mansion too.

"As many as we can manage" Ha answers "Possibly more"

"You know, one day the government is going to realize how lucky they were to have you on their side" Moira tells the couple.

"It would be a horrible headline: Professor X saves the day with his team" Eleanor jokes grimacing. Charles scoffs.

"I suppose I am a real professor now, aren't I?" He asks narrowing his eyes "Next thing you know, I'll be going bald"

"I would still love you, though" Eleanor whispers. Charles smiles fondly. Moira looks at them grinning, feeling happy to see the amount of love between them. She sighs hoping she'll find something like that one day. Charles looks at Moira and his smiles fades.

"We're still on the government's side, Moira" He says looking at the woman "We're still G-men. Just without the 'G'" Moira shakes her head looking at the horizon.

"No. You're your own team now" She comments softly "It's better. You're X-Men" Charles and Eleanor laugh softly, with Moira joining with a wide smile.

"Yes, I like the sound of that" He comments.

"X-Men" Eleanor murmurs nodding "Sounds like the title of a comic" Charles laughs shaking his head and Moira laughs too "I mean, don't you see it? The spectacular X-Men!" She exclaims motioning her hands in the air. They laugh for a while but when they finally stop Charles looks around.

"Moira? For us, anonymity will be
the first line of defense" Moira nods at Charles.

"I know" She replies looking at them with a serious look "They can threaten me all they want, because I'll never tell them where you are. Ever" Eleanor walks over to Moira and wraps her arms around her. She hugs her back and

"We know you won't" She murmurs hugging the female "Thank you, Moira" Moira shakes her head pulling away.

"No, thank you for doing everything you did" She says "It was an honor to fight by your side" Both smile at each other and Charles smiles at Moira. Moira squats and puts her hand over Charles. She smiles at him and hugs him too.

"We know" He repeats what Eleanor said before and smiles as he puts his finger over his temple, erasing every memory in which they appear. Eleanor looks at Charles frowning as she catches Moira before she falls to the ground.

"Why did you do that?" She asks really confused. Charles looks at her and shakes his head, getting into Moira's mind.

"We can't take any risks" He says looking back at Moira "Go home and forget about this place" Charles orders her. She starts to walk away as if she was in a trance. Eleanor watches her walk away and looks down "Let's go inside" Charles says looking down too. Eleanor stares at him sighing and pushes him back into the house, ready to start her new life in the house next to Charles.