x

New ally

Los Angeles,California

Los Angeles,
California.

Eleanor walks around the apartment looking if she is leaving something. She can't stay here. She has to do something. A month ago she had a family, a life, a job, a purpose... Now she doesn't have anything. She has tried exercising more, practicing her shooting and she has been reading about studying other degree. Maybe History.

She finds the things she took from her house, like an old picture of the family and her mother's necklace along with her father's lighter. She closes her eyes and puts them in a backpack. She also took one of her father's guns. She takes the most comfortable and useful clothing, some money and sits on her bed, taking a break.

Suddenly, there is a knock on the door which makes Eleanor jump slightly. She takes a knife and walks to the door. Man; in his late 20s; controls metal. She opens the door and extends the knife. He looks at it indifferently and takes it from her hands. He points it to her.

"Hello" He greets "I was just hoping I could ask you some questions" She glares at the knife.

"What do you want?" She asks gritting her teeth "Did he send you? Uh?"

"He? Who is he?" The man asks curiously, making the knife move closer to Eleanor's neck. She uses her powers to pull it away from her and turns to look at the man, who walked into the house. He notices this and frowns at the girl. He starts to walk in direction of the door but she uses her powers to close it.

"Who are you?" She asks narrowing her eyes and taking the knife to throw it away. He stares at her curiously and confused.

"I could ask you the same question" He replies narrowing his eyes. She walks slowly to the kitchen counter and takes her gun.

"Did someone send you?" Then she goes to her room and the stranger follows her. She keeps hiding her gun and she turns to look at him.

"No, I'm on my own" He answers with a serious look. She nods with a smile and aims the gun at him. He scoffs "You know I can control that, don't you?" He asks. She smirks.

"But you can't control me" She hits his face with the gun and kicks him in his inner thigh with her knee. She takes her backpack quickly and rushes out of the apartment. She turns around to check if he is following her, and he is. He is really fast. She runs downstairs and jumps from the second level railings of the stairs. She runs through the streets, going through small and narrow lanes. He starts to reach her and she walks into a dead end. She turns around to check where he is and looks around. She tries to open a metal door but fails. She looks at a wall and thinks about climbing it. She takes the risk since he is going to catch her anyway. She starts running just to be stopped by the man. She falls to the ground and he falls with her. She can't move because he is holding her against the ground. He notices she has a knife in her hand which she is pressing against his chest.

"Seriously, who are you?" He asks now full of curiosity and interest. The girl laughs.

"Tell me why were you looking for me first" She requests "And it would be nice if you'd get off me"

"Right" He murmurs "But you won't run away, will you?" Eleanor sighs and shakes her head.

"I won't" He stands up and gives her a hand. She takes her backpack and faces the man.

"I am after Dr. Klaus Schmidt. I've been looking for him and that led me to you" He explains as he thinks "Which makes sense since you are, like me"

"I'm sorry, I don't know anyone by that name" She replies frowning really confused. He takes picture out of his jacket and shows it to her. She gasps taking the picture "Oh"

"So, you know him then?" Eleanor nods glaring at the picture and gives it back to him.

"I don't know where he is I'm sorry, and I don't want to know anything about this" She says trying to leave the alley. He stops the girl from leaving by grabbing her wrist.

"What did he do to you?" He asks "He killed your family, why?"

"How do you know this?" She asks "Are you a spy? I will tell you everything you want, because I don't know shit"

"Look, Eleanor, I do know who you are. Let's say this man was careless when he killed an English family. News fly" He informs "Let me buy you a drink"

"Why would I accept that?" She asks narrowing her eyes.

"Because we can help each other. I know exactly how you feel" He says closing his eyes. She stares at the man and looks down.

"I'm afraid I didn't get your name" She says with a forced smile.

"I'm Erik Lehnsherr"