xv

Running

Langley(Virginia),United States Of America

Langley
(Virginia),
United States Of America.

After telling them they would join them, they explained to them the situation and the problem with Shaw. Also, Charles talked to Eleanor about the fact that they are mutants.

She looks out the window of the car and stares at the site they are entering. Erik is sitting beside her, and she is doing her best to not read his thoughts. Although she feels what he is feeling: rage, hatred, anger and pain. She turns to look at him narrowing her eyes.

The car stops in front of a modern building. Eleanor opens the door as she notices everyone is leaving the car. She gets out carrying her bag. She catches Charles looking at her and she tries harder to block him. They start walking in the direction of the building.

"Welcome to my facility" The CIA guy whose name I don't know says "My mission has been to investigate the application of paranormal powers in military defense"

"Or offense" Erik mutters under his breath, receiving a scoff from Eleanor.

"This guy Shaw, Schmidt, whatever you want to call him, he's working with the Russians" The man explains "We might need your help to stop him" He adds as a way of asking for their help.

"Marvelous" Charles comments "So we're to be the CIA's new mutant division, yes?" He says looking around the building.

"Something like that" The guy replies looking at him and nodding. They enter the building, they are shown the facilities like labs and meeting rooms. The man also shows them the place where the will be staying. Eleanor walks behind them, staying apart from the group. The blond girl, looks back at her and joins her.

"Hello, I'm Raven" She says with a smile "But you probably knew that, didn't you?"

"Oh no" She replies with a small smile "I try not to read the mind of the people that seem nice. I like privacy so I just assume people like it too"

"Wow, Charles is like the complete opposite" She admits quietly "He just can't stand not knowing everything about someone"

"Really?" She asks narrowing her eyes "I just think it is rude to like, get in the mind of someone"

"Well, that's because it is rude" She comments laughing.

"It's been a while since I last spoke with a female without threatening her" Eleanor admits as they enter a big lab. Raven smiles weirdly at the comment.