Chapter Fourteen

No boring A/N today. Just reading.

~Anna

Alayna's Perspective:

“I WIN AGAIN!” Zane shouted excitedly. He had just won a game of Uno, for the fifth time.

“Great! Can I stop playing now?” I asked, trying to have just as much enthusiasm as he had. Okay, I don’t think anyone would be enthusiastic about playing a card game with their little brother on a Saturday night. Especially if this person is twenty-two, single, and probably will be for a long time.

“NO!” He chanted “Play again!” in that annoying baby voice he would put on to get what he wanted.

I was stuck; if only someone or something could distract him while I tried to have a life. Maybe mom could watch him… whoa, you see the turn of events here? I’m asking my own mother to watch my brother.

For a night, how hard could that be for her?

“Okay, hold on a sec,” I said to him, getting off of the floor where we would always play this game, which I will admit, I never really liked anyway.

I dialed my mom’s number, expecting her to pick up at the last minute.

“Alayna!” She sounded pleased to hear my voice; probably procrastination from her work this was.

“Yeah hi, can you watch Zane tonight, just for one night, you don’t even really have to watch him, just let him sleep there—” I said quickly, but I still got cut off…

“You just want a night to yourself? So you and Chasity can spend some one-on-one and play catch up? Since I’m guessing that Zane would be taking up all of your time. ”

She didn’t know about the whole fight thing (obviously) but I wasn’t going to tell her. “Well I was planning on catching up with someone…”

“Ooh! A date! That’s exciting. Have I met this boy?”

No, and I don’t plan you to.

“Yes,” I lied through my teeth.

“Who is he?”

Darn. You see what happens when you lie to my mom?

“Tyler,” I said, out of the blue.

I haven’t seen Tyler since college, I think he moved to Arkansas or something, but it was good enough for now. I knew that if I gave out a name of someone she hasn’t met, she’d want to meet him, and I wasn’t up for that.

“Oh, okay,” She seemed pleased “bring Zane over and go have a good time.”

She knew that I know my limits. “Thanks,” I said, hanging up the phone, impulsively I might say. I really didn’t want to talk to her right now (no offense to her).

So Tyler was actually a friend of mine since middle school but he had changed a lot when I saw him in college. Like in the first year of high school (which was the last year I saw him until college) he was really - and I mean really – tall. Like John tall. His voice was pretty deep, but it had changed a lot. Then when I saw him in college, the only thing different was his personality and the fact that he was a cheater. I found that out from this random girl in one of my classes and witnessed it a few times after he had asked me out. I told him off eventually; impulse again.

Then I realized something. I have to have someone to hang out with. I did lie to my mom about Tyler, and I obviously hadn’t told her the college story, so now I just need to find someone to hang out with, or I could just stay at home and watch a movie or something.