Chapter Seventeen

Oh my lord, we haven't updated in forever! 

I'd like to start out by saying, then, that we are SOOOOO sorry and would absolutely love to get back in the habit of posting for those of you who read this story.

Recently, we've been quite busy with our own personal projects and as such haven't worked as much on this story (or our newest collab. More information on that to come in the future) as we'd like to. But, we've been getting back into it, so expect more updates (though the whole 'Thursday' thing is no longer a guarentee). 

In conclusion, thank you all so much for your continuous support, and we will try to get out some more works for you all!

Love you all!

~Effy

Chasity's Perspective:

It’d been two days since the traumatic events that took place that day, though we were still huddled in the hospital waiting room, waiting for them to allow us to see Garrett after giving him another checkup to decide for sure what was the matter with him. I sat in a chair between Pat and John (they’d let him out already. He’d hardly been hit by the bullet, thank the Lord) with Alayna, Kennedy, Jacki, and Jared with his new girlfriend, Sassy Rivera. Yep. Her name was Sassy.

Finally, the nurse came out to tell us everything they knew about Garrett’s health. They’d made us be extra careful before, in case he were contagious, so it was nice to get to know if it was worth it or not. “So?” I asked the lady, standing.

“He had the flu,” She said, looking to Alayna who’d stood along with everyone else. I shot John a look, remembering our conversation a while back. “You three were very smart to bring him when you did.” She nodded to Pat, Kennedy, and Alayna. “He isn’t contagious in the slightest and he shouldn’t have to stay here for much longer.” I sighed in relief; hospitals freaked the f**k out of him.

“So can we see him?” She nodded and led the way to his room, leaving us when we reached his door. We decided to go in shifts, so as not to overwhelm him, so I stayed behind with John, Jacki and Pat as Kenny, Jared, Sassy, and Alayna entered.

“The flu, huh?” John said, looking down at me with a smirk. “I thought your worry about that happening it was just a cover-up.” I shrugged, wanting to make a big ‘I-told-you-so” speech, but deciding not to.

“Me too,” I said truthfully as he pulled me into a small side hug. I smiled a little as he kept his arm wrapped around me until we entered Garrett’s room. I then broke free of his embrace and rushed to Garrett’s side to ask him how he was doing and tell him how brave he was to face all of this pain. He, of course, didn’t receive this as happily as I gave it, but smiled weakly nonetheless. Sometimes I felt so fortunate to have such friends who put up with my weird quirks.

John then said hi and talked for awhile about some sort of guy stuff that I would never understand, and then finally, Pat walked over with Jacki beside him and waved slightly at Garrett, trying not to freak out over the fact that one of his best friends had pneumonia.

After this little ‘meet and greet’, we decided to go out for lunch and let Garrett rest for a little while - which I’m sure he didn’t appreciate. But hey, we didn’t want him getting any worse than he was. John, seeing my concern for my dear friend, held his arm out to prevent me from getting into the car before he could give me a big hug.

God I loved his hugs. You’d imagine they’d be uncomfortable due to his boniness, but they were actually quite calming; they were soft, warm, sweet, and protective, without being too overbearing. Kind of like his kisses, which I’d had the pleasure of experiencing on multiple occasions. I thanked him under my breath before climbing into the passenger seat. He, of course, drove as it was John we’re talking about. In fact, if I recall correctly, our first ever argument was over the fact that we both wanted to drive.