Chapter 4

-REWRITTEN-

Nathan POV

The papers have been sitting on my table for a few hours now but every time I make my way to grasp it, my mind starts to doubt, which only gives me the feeling that something off is on these files.

I close my eyes, sigh, and think. What's the most that could possibly happen?

I reopen my eyes and quickly pick up the file, ignoring my mind chanting to let it go. I rip open the envelope it was placed in and begin reading through.

 I rip open the envelope it was placed in and begin reading through

I reread her file over and over to see nothing is wrong.

She's just a normal teenager that most probably don't have a goal in life and is just doing things keeping the term 'fuck it' in mind.

I sigh in irritation, replaying the scene that had occurred hours ago in the office.

I was such a douche and she wasn't wrong about all the things she said, I am a cheater, I should confront Alison about it, but it wouldn't change anything.

I'd still have to marry her at the end of the day, cheater or not.

But it's better, to be honest than add to the list of shit I've done.

Getting up from the couch, I pick up my phone off the kitchen counter and begin dialing Alison's number. She picks it up 2 rings later.

"Hello!" She says breathlessly.

"Hey? Am I interrupting something?"

"No!," She shouts, her voice beginning to get more anxious, "I was just on the treadmill and you called the moment I finished my 40-minute fast walk."

I could tell she was lying.

We've known each other for ages, so something as simple as that cant fool me.

"Alison, I know you aren't telling me the truth. Besides that though, I have something important I have to tell you."

I hear her take suck in a sharp breath.

"I actually do too."

"Why don't we meet at home in 30 minutes and talk about our situations out, I think the time we actually sat down for an actual one on one conversations," I say.

"I agree..see you in 30."

"Bye."

And the line goes dead.

I love Alison with all my heart, but not in the way she wants me to. It would suck to hurt her and not be able to provide with one thing I know she's waited so long to have; love.

Trinity POV

"Mom! I'm here!"

"In the kitchen!" His mother shouts back.