Chapter 1

-REWRITTEN-

Nathan POV

I stared outside my office window feeling lucky to be having an opportunity like this, owning one of the most successful companies in New York City.

I had everything, a perfect life, a perfect job, as well as a perfect fiancé.

I was knocked out of my trance when I heard the door opening.

"How many times do I have to tell you to knock before ent -."

My sentence was cut short when I saw who it was. My fiancé, Alison.

Alison was 5ft 3, shoulder-length blonde hair, a body that could get any mans eyes on.

She is smart, and an amazing person, but to me, she wasn't a fiancé, she was more of a close childhood friend.

Our story is quite average, our family arranged us being together since the day we were both born. Both  Alison and I were always obligated to spend our time together, of course back then we thought they just wanted us to the best of friends.

Things took a toll and here we are now, the only reason these decisions were made was to make both our family companies stronger.

More fame, more drama, makes our companies names bigger. If people were to hear 2 of the strongest families were bonded to one it would make history.

"Well, I didn't think I needed to enter my fiancé's office."

She suddenly sat on my lap, making me groan in frustration.

"Alison you know I hate affection outside the office, only for the public."

She chuckles, still sitting on my lap. "I know just wanted to mess with you."

Even though she'd joke around I know she wanted something more, but I am happy she understands that it's strictly business.

"Anyhow," She continues. "I was thinking maybe we could start up wedding planning. Since you know we're getting married in supposedly a month."

"I understand, but I still haven't finished up work here. So, why don't you go ahead home and I'll be there within an hour, how's that ?"

She gives me a sad smile, getting off my lap.

"I guess I'll see you in an hour, don't overwork."

With that, she leaves. When she does such things, like caring, it just makes me feel bad I don't have the same feelings she has towards me."

**

That was the longest hour of my life.

Paperwork, giving approvals, hiring new applicants, and so on.

I called up my driver, Surge, asking him to drive up to the main entrance.

I took the elevator to the 1st floor and wished all my staff a good day. I might look like I'm about o pound someone in the face, but when I earn respect same goes to the other.

I reach the door, seeing my car. I step in and greet Surge.

"Hello to you too sir, home?"

I only nod and he proceeds driving back to the house.

I arrive home within 20 minutes and open up the door making my way to the house.

As soon I step in, I come face to face to a very concentrated Alison, she was sat by the table, a large book in hand; probably something to do with the wedding.