19: Giving Up, Secrets, and the Crash Site

Stranded Chapter 19

Niall's P.O.V:

My hands started to fidget, sweat breaks out across my forehead, and my fists were clenched so tight in a ball that it was numb. My eyes narrowed and I walked over there. I walked past them as I kicked sand, causing them to jump apart. I gather the wood and threw them into the fire pit. I stuck one wood in the middle and began to run it with another wood to spark a fire. I sat down on one of the logs.

"Niall?" Rose whispered. "Who else?" I snarled. Hurt flashed through her eyes for a quick second before she placed a hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off and stood up. "What's wrong?" she asked. Her eyes were sparkled with concern. Cameron walked up behind Rose and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Mate?" I pulled back to face them. "What's wrong? Well, I will tell you. While you two were busy making out you didn't hear or see a ship float by. We could have get off this death of an island but instead, while I was waving to them, they couldn't hear me or see me and there would have been a better chance if there was three of us and lighting a fire to see us!" I yelled.

"Niall," Rose whispered as she came to hug me. I pushed her away and turned around. "No, I'm done with this. I'm done trying. Go have fun you two," I growled over my shoulder. Rose had a tear that fell from her eye as she watched me walk away.

I'm done.

Rose's P.O.V:

Niall disappeared through the trees. His body figure disappeared with him. My lip quivered as I shook my head. "I can't take this anymore," I cried. I dropped to my knees and buried my head in my arms as I cried. "I'm hiding so many things that I can't say," I cried. "There is too much going on." I shook my head and sobbed. I felt a pair of warm, strong arms wrap around me. "Why can't you say them?" He chuckled. I sighed as I looked up and leaned in to whisper in his ear. His smile dropped as his eyes widen at what I had said.

I pulled back to look at him. He shook his head in disbelief. "You mean-" I cut him off with a nod. A smirk formed on his lips as he chuckled. "You're crazy for doing that." He guffaw. He placed his lips near my ear. "Go," he whispered, barley audible. I shook my head as I looked back at Cameron in confusion. "What?" I asked. He gave me a small smile as he nodded his head towards the trees. "Follow him. I'm sure he isn't that far," he said.

I gave him a smile in return as we both stood up. "You better hurry," he said. I gave him a quick hug before I took off running after Niall with a smile on my face. I ran through the tall, meadow green trees that swayed in the wind. I ran against the wind. I made sure I didn't trip over anything as I ran as fast as my little legs could carry me.

I came to a halt as I looked at the dark shadow off to the distance. My mouth was a gaped as my eyes were wide. My smile had disappeared as my eyes landed on the mysterious shadow. I slowly walked towards it. Once I came into view with it, I've noticed it was a crash site of a plane. I covered my mouth as I looked at the disaster in front of me. A light came from the split end of the plane and a thick Irish voice. I walked quietly over to the end. I pulled myself up on the rock and pressed my back against the plane. I peaked my head in to see Niall was in tears as he stared back at a video camera.

He sat in a tore, blue airplane seat. His blonde hair was a mess, his clothes were torn and stained with blood, his arm was still wrapped, and he had red, puffy eyes with tear stains coming down from them. I was about to run to him but he began to speak. I stayed back and I listened.

"Hi again," he whispered. He laughed to himself but his laugh wasn't his usual cheerful, loud laugh. It was dull, boring, and almost lifeless. "Day who knows. I don't even know anymore," he said. "Let's get right to the point, shall we? None of those long boring intros anymore. I will never see her again, will I? She doesn't even care about me anymore. It hurts to know or even think or to breath. . . I hate reminding myself of it so I don't speak of it in the videos but you already know that," he said. "I'm sure you can guess what happened."

"Maybe I should give up. The long, living life of love. Or the idea of proposing. Or even the idea that memories would come back through that head of hers. Sadly, it wouldn't. I will live with regret for the rest of my life for what I had said in the past. I am a monster," he said and shook his head as he looked down. Tears fell freely down his cheeks. "Maybe it's time to give up. Give up on everything and everyone. There is no use in trying to get off this island. I doubt the boat idea would work. To hold three of us? No," he said as he looked back up in the camera.

He held in his breath before releasing air. "I rather swim to shore on my own then be stuck with those two. Who knows what is out in those waters? But I rather swim then be stuck here," he said in anger. "A boat came by but couldn't see me. I was alone. Where was Rose and Cameron? Making out and not looking for wood or creating a big X for the ships or planes to see. They didn't even hear the boat." His voice was strained and he clenched onto the arm rest of the seats, digging his nails into the blue fabric.

I covered my mouth to stop me from making any sound. "I've tried so hard to get her to see but I never can. I'm blinded by love and hope that I cannot see reality." He shook his head. He ran his fingers through his disheveled blonde hair. I bit my lip as I watched him. He looked tired, worn out, and miserable. "Who am kidding? I'm a monster. I've hurt the one I love when I promised I wouldn't," he said. "Let me ask you this," he said as he leaned forward and looked straight in the camera. "I watched a movie and this quote relates to me right now. Would you rather die as a good man or live as a monster?" he questions. He shrugged his shoulders and sat back.

"You can't choose," he chuckled, "tough question." He sighed as he looked around in the plane. I hid back a little more so he wouldn't see me. "So, the question you're probably wondering is: is there hope?" he asked. "No. Unless some miracle happens," he sarcastically said. "There is one last thing to say," he said as he leans forward again. He kept quiet for a minute before speaking. "I'm done." He kept quiet. That's when the camera clicks off. He sat back as he let out a desperate scream. He pulled at his hair and cried. He fell to the ground on his knees and broke down in loud sobs.

He stood up and ran off of the plane; not even noticing me. I stayed there for a few minutes before entering the crashed plane. I walked over to where the seat Niall was at. My body sat down in the seat. Something flashed before my eyes- a memory. I shook my head and picked up the camera that was still recording (he must have forgot to shut is off or thought he did). I stayed still as I fidget with my fingers before speaking.

"Niall, if you ever see this. I'm sorry. I may not know what is happening or why this plane is here but I need you to stay strong for me. We will get off this island. I promise you that. There is hope," I said. Then, I switched the camera completely off. I sat in silence. My thoughts clouded my mind and were shouting incoherent words. They were so loud, hence the fact I had a lot on my mind. I heard Niall say he was done.

Curiosity got the best of me as I grabbed the camera. I scanned through all the different videos Niall had made. There must have been at least twenty (more or less). Should I watch them? I mean you can't stop the future and you can't rewind the past. The only way you learn the secret is to press

"Play," I whispered out loud.

I sat there debating whether or not I should watch them. I sighed as I set the camera back on the tripod. I stood up and began to run after Niall.

A/n: Two quotes are in here that I like. One is from shutter island and one is from the book thirteen reasons. So I have a few questions. What did Rose whisper to Cameron? What does Niall mean that he is done? Is there hope? Will something happen with Rose and Niall in the next chapter? Wait and find out!

Sorry for the late late late chapter everyone! I've been very busy with school and with my other stories that you should check out. Let me know what you think of this chapter!