5: Questions, Harsh Words, and Wonders

Stranded Chapter 5

Niall's P.O.V:

My feet left foot prints in the sand as I walked across the shore with a small branch on my shoulder with dead fish hanging from it. "I captured some fish," I mumbled as I appeared at the camp site. I lifted the branch off of my shoulder and held up the fish for the lonesome girl to see. Rose looked up at me and nodded. "I- uh. . . went and collected some fruit. There was only bananas," she said, awkwardly.

I nodded and sat in front of the fire that was put together by me. She sat as far away from me as she could. An urge of ruefulness shot through my heart as a I realized she does not want me. She is so scared of me and has no idea who I am. Of all things, she could think I am some killer when in reality I am her boyfriend.

I stuck a stick through one of the fishes and held it above the fire to roast. I would twist the fish around once in awhile to cook all of the sides. "So. . . I'm suppose to know you?" she questions. I nodded. "Are you my brother?" she asked. I chuckled and shook my head. "No, but I am a very close friend," I said. She nodded and turned in a more comfortable position in her seat. I took a quick glance at her before looking down at the fish. Then, I rotated it.

"I'm sorry that I don't remember you," she blurted out. I looked up at her, again, and shrugged. "It's okay. I guess it was meant to be. You know?" Her eyes widen before reluctantly nodding. Her tense body relaxed and her whole body fell limp. "How long have we been here?" she asked. "About a few days or so," I answered. "You were knocked out cold for most of the time." "I was knocked out for how long?" she asked. "About three days," I said.

"Where were we before? How did we get here?" she continue to ask questions. "Look, I don't want to say too much. There are things that are better left unsaid. There are also thing that I don't remember much either," I lied. Well, that was partially a lie. "Oh. . ." she murmured as she looked away and out at the mysterious water. The sun was setting and the sun's rays reflected on the water.

"How long do you think we will be here for?" she asked. It took me a second to notice she was crying. A few drops of tears fell from her once bright eyes as she looked down at her scraped hands. I wish I could reach over and gently wipe her tears away, but I know I could not. It will result in a hard slap to the face or an aggressive shove. An exasperated sigh escaped my lips from the situation I was in.

"I honestly do not know. We could be here for days, weeks, months, years even! But I'm sure someone will be looking for us," I said. "They must be already." "Are our phones ruined?" she asked. "Yeah, they are shattered, cracked, and broken," I said. She groaned in frustration, then nodded.

I finished cooking our dinner and I placed the fish on a large, dead leaf. Then, I grabbed a sharp rock and I cut the fish into smaller pieces for us to eat. I placed a few pieces on her leaf and left a few on mine. "Here," I said and handed her the food. She looked over at me and wiped her eyes before mumbling a soft thank you and hesitantly taking her food, then began eating. I, also, began eating my hot food. "You know. . . This fish is really good, but I could die for some fast food right now or a big, grilled, barbecue, and mouth watering tri-tip," I said with a mouth full of food. She giggled and said, "Yeah, I could have some food like that as well."

She is acting so shy and scared yet so calm and brave. That is what I love about her. When she is scared or shy, she tries to act brave and have an tough armor like heart. She did not have to be shy or scared, but then again she doesn't know who I am. In her mind, I am a stranger. In my mind, she is my everything. "You know. . . You don't have to act shy around me," I whispered with a hint of sadness. She looked up from her food and locked eyes with me. She swallowed and said, "Yeah, but I don't know how to act with someone I don't remember."

Now, that hurt comment stung and I felt my body go weak from the heartache. I looked down at my unfinished food and nodded. "I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be mean but-" "I know. It's the truth," I snapped, cutting her off. "I'm not hungry anymore," I stated after a moment of silence. I stood up and walked away, not even bothering to look at her.

Rose's P.O.V:

My lips let out a desperate sigh of wanting peace. I slouched in my seat and I watched the blonde hair boy walk away from me. His silhouette disappeared in the millions of trees and bushes. I felt terrible about all this. I don't even know his name and I feel terrible. As of right now, I should leave him be. I had to let him think right before meeting with him again.

There was many questions and wonders flooding through my mind. Where am I? Why was I with this man? Did we have history? Though, one question stood out to me the most. Why do I feel so different when I'm around this man? I feel so safe when I'm around him, but I can't help to fear him. I don't know if I could trust him, yet. I may have known him before, but I forgot and I need to know who he is now. Something about him is different. There is a feeling of warm and amorousness when I am around him. He is different, but in a good way.

Another question came to my mind. A though I'll have to think really hard about. Should I trust this stranger or not? Should I give him a chance? Is there a reason to why I am receiving this unknown feeling in my stomach from the moment I first laid eyes on him?

A/n: Hello everyone! Just a little short chapter here. Just so I could give you all a update! I'm sorry this sorry keeps going on hold and off hold! It is off hold for now. Make sure you check out my new story Love Never Fails!(: