Chapter 13

A/N: I took out all my loneliness on this little snippet, so I apologize in advance for any excessive cuteness or cheesiness. Sorry for never updating Desi bby.

Desirae's POV

We spent the rest of our time together in each others arms. My back to his chest, his arm was slung across my stomach, moving rythmatically to the slow dance of the setting sun. I turned to face him, our noses almost brushing from proximity. He leaned in, lightly kissing me between my eyebrows.

"Is that all I get?" I questioned, gently pushing his lips down to meet mine.

"I guess I don't get a choice." He mumbled.

"Oh we both know what you'd choose." My confidence was halted by the contact of our lips once again. Moving in sync, our body heat increased as the sun set, filtering through the windows and creating golden mosaics across our skin. Tom adjusted himself so he now on top of me and I felt my own hands travel down to the small of his back, against the will of my mind but controlled by my heart.

A strangled noise escaped his mouth and he pulled away. Laughter burst from my mouth as I saw both Spyro and Luna on his back.

"Wanting to join the fun, eh?" He let then travel to his arms and then sat up, placing Luna on my lap and Spyro on his.

"You little perves!" I exclaimed, beaming at the ball of fur pawing at my legs. As he reaches to pat them on the head, they scamper off, pleased with their successful mission of breaking up our cuddling session.

I grin at him. "That's what you get when you own cats."

He kissed my cheek, huskily answering, "Always wanting to know whatever you're doing."

"But you've gotta love them." I replied as he traced my jawbone with light pecks.

He backs up from me, eyes catching the purple and pink hues of the vibrant sunset.

"Just as I love this moment. Just as I love your laugh, your dimples, the way you switch from playful to serious in a heartbeat, the way you make my heart beat. You make me feel alive, Desirae."

"Glad to be of service."

O

I haven't cut since I met him. This was my thought as I drove home from Tom's flat. I felt no need, he made me feel loved and as cliché as it sounds, worth it. Covergirl, I chuckled. My scars felt warm and fuzzy as I handled the steering wheel. Pulling into the parking lot of my building, I wandered up to my apartment, clumsily opened the door, tripping on the welcome mat. This chain reaction caused me to elegantly be pulled inside by my death grip on the door handle, feet dragging behind me and praying there was no one in the hall. Once I regained my footing like a cat trying to climb up a wall, having nothing to help me, but somehow I managed. Then, waltzing off like nothing happened, I collapsed onto my bed. Phone clutched in hand, I shot a text to Caroline.

"Tom."

Quickly after, a reply. "Tom what?"

"Ohhh. What did his adorable self do this time?"

I lay for a moment, contemplating telling her. As much as I told her everything, this was just something that I felt if I told someone else, the memory would fade and no longer be mine.

"Just... Trust me that I'm 100,000 times happier than I was when I left for work this morning."

I was fighting laughter with her "Don't just be cryptic and make it sound so sexual."

"No no no not like that just, trust me."

"I trust you. I'm happy for you."

After talking for a while of Logan and her life, we electronically parted and I wandered over to my computer. I felt like the only thing I could do was wander. There was no such thing as walking or stepping in this time, everything I did was just a lie, when really all pulsed through my veins was Tom, Tom, Tom.

Tom's POV

That girl would be the death of me. Her everything called out, and it took all of my strength and respect for her not to do anything rash. But a little snuggling and snogging never hurt anybody.

I understood Desirae on a much deeper level now; if you thought about it we weren't that different.

Broken past: Check

Love for cats: Check

The cards played out so well you'd think we were cheating at the game. But there was one card the hadn't been placed on the table yet.

We weren't even dating.

Desirae's POV

"We aren't even dating!" I sighed, wondering if I was letting myself get too carried away with the thought of a man with no nominal tie to me.

"But what does it matter?" Caroline spoke on the end of the phone. "I mean, you two obviously like each other, there's no dire need to place a name on whatever you are. Though if you ask me he's probably planning on asking you out."

"Compared to all the other things he's said to me I'm sure a simple Will You Be My Girlfriend wouldn't be the hardest to get out." I breathed a laugh. The humor escalated as she jokingly choked out a dating proposal, in the fashion of a five year old with a speech impediment.

"Wud yu. Wud u be."

"Stop!"

She couldn't continue, she was laughing so hard.

Tom's POV

"So you call me up like a love struck teenage girl, asking for advice?" My good girl friend Tanya teased at my expense.

My hair got a lift from my fingers, a nervous habit of mine.

"Don't make this more painful than it already would be."

"Oh dear Thomas, don't you know that's my job?"