Chapter 3

Desirae's POV

Tom.  Could this be the one and only Tom Daley? An award-winning, British, Olympic diver?

And I was just casually sitting in a Starbucks with him.

I glanced at him now; he was wearing a white t-shirt that fit his form perfectly.  His abs threatened to burst through.  My eyes slowly traced up his body, to his chiseled jawline, and finally landed on his eyes, which I realized were staring at me also.

Great, he thinks you're a creep now.  

Which is not necessarily entirely false.

He sipped his drink casually, though I could tell he was fighting the urge to laugh.  He set down the cup, and he opened his mouth to speak, but no words were needed.  His eyes were full of laughter, and soon after, so were our vocal chords.

Finally he spoke. "So, where in the US are you from?"

That accent.  I wonder what it tasted like.  

Desirae don't even think about it!  You perve!

"Um, Florida."  I managed to reply, trying to control my teenage girl with hormones thoughts.

"Oh wow.  I've been there once, to go to Disney World." he smiled.  "That's probably what most people say."

I laughed. "Very true.  Most people think we're a bunch of rednecks too, people like me who live in Northwest Florida."

Also not entirely false.

His lips curved into that beautiful smile of his. "Well I'll tell you this, you are definitely not the stereotype."

With a laugh I replied teasingly, "You're not necessarily the posh Brit either."

He took the last sip of his coffee and one side of his mouth quirked up.  "That's actually a compliment.  Oh goodness, have I met some posh kids.  And some middle class British kids who think they're gangstas."

I couldn't hold in the laugh at his attempt of  a ghetto accent on the last word.

"What?" He asked, smiling.

"Nothing." I bit back a laugh.

"You don't think I'm fit for the ghetto?"

I couldn't hold it in.

He, amazingly, kept a straight face.  "I'll just hang with my peeps.  I'll be like Holla!"

There was no going back.  My laughter increased in volume until I was sure I would have to have a six pack by now.

The straight face continued.  "I can't believe you don't trust my ebonical skills..."

At that point, he couldn't hold it in either.

Even as we exited the Starbucks and he drove me back to the gym, we still had giant grins on our faces.  

He walked me to my place at the Check-In desk.  I walked around to the side door so I could sit and wait for more arrivals.  When I looked up from my vantage point, he was still there.  He simply smiled and said, "I'd love to do that again.  See you later."

I watched him walk out, this time letting myself admire the view.

I called out to him one last time before he exited the doors. 

"Make sure to work on your ebonical skills!"

His adorable, accented laughter echoed in my ears as he left.