Chapter 9

Tom's POV

"Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The suns rays do not burn until brought to a focus."

"Do not burn until brought to a focus."

"Brought to a focus."

"Focus."

I strained to hold this quote in the center of my mind. As much as I'd like to let her distract me, I couldn't let her at the moment. What I'm working toward is too important to me. This beautiful procession of events, a tradition starting eons ago, in Greece. The happening that held the one thing in life that I was most passionate about. Diving.

I feel the welcoming water envelop me again, finding solace in the familiarity of the sensation. The cool water, playful bubbles racing from my fingertips to my broad shoulders. I feel my body begin an ascent to the top of the pool, and with that thought I surfaced, the sticky air making me feel as wet as the water.

Finding my usual pool chair, I grabbed my towel and took a breather. After a few sips out of my water bottle, I felt a change in the weight of the chair. Turning, there sat Desirae. She smiled, seeing I recognized her presence "Hey Des." Her eyebrows raised slightly in amusement, "Des?" Chuckling, I replied, "Is there a problem?" Holding back a smile, she replied. "Nope. Not at all. "

Desirae's POV

He called me Des. DES. He gave me a freaking nickname. Calm, keep your whoremomes under control. "I've just never really had a nickname before. Other than the standard embarrassing childhood ones, of course." To this Tom grinned yet again, exposing that perfect, beautiful set of teeth. "Well, I'm glad I could be of service." He playfully nudged me. I tried to ignore the tingles even that slight connection gave me. "So, shouldn't you be working?"he asked. Faking a pout, I teased, "Why, trying to get rid of me?" An over acted look of hurt crossed his face. "I would never! I can't believe you would assume I would perform such a preposterous act!" 

I giggled.

Wait... Giggled? I don't giggle. This boy will turn me white, 

I swear. "Actually I'm on break." I explained. With a pondering look on his face, he inquired, "How much time do you have to spend?"

"Two hours."

A devilish smirk creeped onto that face of his.

"Perfect."

0000000000000000000000

Desirae's POV (still)

"Are you sure I can trust you?" I questioned for about the 20th time.

"Nope." He grinned, his eyes still on the road.

Groaning dramatically, I internally allowed myself to be a total girl. Where is he taking me? Is it crazy that I'm letting myself be driven alone to an unknown location with a guy I met a month ago?

A HOT guy.

I was still in awe of his perfection. You would think it would be something you'd get used to after a while, but no. Every time you look at him, you're reminded yet again that he's too good for you.

We sat quietly together for a few minutes, watching the road and watching the England countryside roll by. My breath caught as I saw the cliffs give way to a beautiful, rugged, ebbing ocean.

Tim's POV

By the look on her face I could tell I surprised her. She stared off into the distance at one of my favorite places in the world.

"THIS is where you were taking me?"

All I could do was smile and say yes.

It was the kind of place you came to think. Or to do anything but think. Right now I just wanted to share a beauty with a beauty. I was about to speak when she asked "Do you come here a lot?" I sighed. "Only when I need to." I saw her gaze at me curiously from the side, but she didn't implore any farther.

I brought the car rolling to a stop near the edge of the rocky cliffs. Opening the car door, I felt the salty air heighten my senses, invigorating every moment an thought. Content, I walked over to her side to hold open the door for her. As I was reaching for the door, she began to push at it. As our hands connected, we laughed together.

"Sorry, I'm not used to getting the princess treatment." She beamed, letting me have the rest of the burden of the door. "That's a crime." I grinned at her. With that, I received a blush. Since when have I become so smooth?

Taking her hand, I led her to the set of salt-worn wooden steps. I saw excitement take over her expression as she took the lead and nearly dragged me down to the sandy beach below. Kicking off our shoes simultaneously, we both seemed to get the same idea. Laughing with joy in that adorable accent of hers, she joined me as I ran to the waters edge. Unlike me, who stopped before I could touch the water, she ran right in. A surprised look on her face reminded her of the cold of the water. Squealing quietly, she back pedaled straight in to me.

I let out a slight oof as we collided. I caught her, crooking my arms underneath her arms. She turned her head back to look me straight in the eyes. I was taken aback, pulled into her dark as night almond orbs.

Desirae's POV

How could anyone ever look this man in the eye without fainting? I don't even know how I was managing.

"I see you forgot how cold the water was." He smiled lightly, turning me around and making sure I had my balance again. "Yeah I guess so. In Florida the water's a lot warmer this time of year." I couldn't get enough of that smile. "Well it's the Atlantic Ocean." he reminded me. "Yeah, I guess there are some things I should remember about England."

The moment became intense. His eyes darkened slightly, in deep thought. My heart beat even faster, if that was possible. The view of his eyes was blocked by his lovely eyelashes and he leaned closer to my face. I was no one to object, as my eyes closed too.

At that moment our lips touched. I was surprised at the warmth of his lips, it had been years since I'd kissed anyone, but despite the lack of experience I had it felt so natural. I didn't want it to end.

But of course it did. He pulled away only slightly, just so his lips were free to say, "Well I hope you remember this."