An Explanation

Chris ' s POV

I didn't really want to tell her but she deserves an explanation after what had just happened to her. She layed her head on my shoulder and I started explaining everything.

"It all started about a year ago. Pj called the three of us for help. He had gotten into some trouble. He selled drugs and one of the guys was threatening him and his family. We went to help him of course, but pj wanted to do more than just knock him out so he would stop and calling the police. He wanted to kill him. He basically talked us into it and we actually killed him. Later on after that, he made all of us promise that we would help him with anything similar to what we had just done." I stopped for a second. This story is really hard to tell and I was getting a bit emotional "Pj tracked down anyone who may be involved in drug smugling and took them, questioned them, even though he already knew everything, and then tortured them just before killing them. Hopefully you will be the one that'll finally fight back. But if you want to just accept your fate, that's fine too. I care about your safety, Aubrey, and I never want you to get hurt anymore. It kills me to know that it is still going to happen and I'm not sure how much time you have left. Dan and Phil care too, remember that."

She hugged me and I hugged back. I'm glad I made her feel a bit better.

"Thank you for explaining, Chris. I'm worried about you too." She smiled and unfortunately, it was time for her to go back to her room.

I brought her down and locked the door in silence. When I was done, I looked up to see her staring at me through the metal gate.

I went back upstairs and collapsed on my bed, falling asleep shortly after.