Chapter 6: Date?!

Oh, poor Bucky. My heart hurts for him. We were watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Sarah and I were crying over Bucky. Nicky was currently shouting at the T.V.

"Dodge the punch! No don't hit Steve! RUN NATASHA!!" I found it funny that he thought that they could hear him. Sarah was on the big recliner bundled up in blankets like a burrito.

"Hey Nicky?"

"Yeah, Shorty?"

"Where are your parents?" I was curious. I hadn't seen them since I've been here.

"Remember how I told you that my dad sells classic cars?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, sometimes he travels to auctions to either auction off one of his cars or buy a beat up one and fix it. My parents are currently in Pomona, California for the next two weeks."

"Huh." I couldn't help but let out a yawn. Even after a buttload of junk food, I was still super tired. I carefully laid my head on Nicky's lap. I felt him stiffen for a second before relaxing. He reached over a grabbed a soft blue blanket from the back of the couch. He laid it over me and began to twirl my hair in his fingers. My eyes slowly closed until I was fast asleep.

CLICK.

I heard Sarah giggling.

"What the hell Sarah?!" I whisper yelled.

"You two are adorable. I'm officially starting a ship. What should I call it? Hmmm. I'm gonna think about this over breakfast." With that, she walked away to the kitchen.

I started to get up, but quickly realized that I couldn't move. Nicky's arm was around my waist, pulling me into his chest. My heartbeat quickened when I felt his hot breath on my neck. I felt the steady rise and fall of his chest on my back. All of a sudden I felt a kiss being placed on the back of my neck. I shivered from the sparks the small kiss on my neck created.

"Good Morning, Shorty," He whispered against my skin.

"G-Good Morning, Nicky." What was this boy doing to me? I tried again to wiggle against his grasp, but he wouldn't let me go.

"Nicky! I'm hungry. Let me go before I bite your hand off!" His chest vibrated with laughter as he let me go. He got up as well and got out some cereal for us.

"Hey Cass?"

"Yeah?"

"So I was kinda wondering," He started to rub the back of his neck nervously. "Will you go on a date with me tonight?" He looked at me anxiously.

"I would love to go on a date with you." I replied nervously.

"FINALLY!!!!!!" We turned to see Sarah squealing while jumping up and down.

"What are you so excited about?"

"My OTP is going on a date! What do you think I'm excited about?!" Turning my attention back to Nicky, I started to ask him questions about our date.

"What time are we going?"

"I'll pick you up at 6:00 tonight."

"Where are we going?" Instead of answering me, he just turned to Sarah and whispered in her ear. I could tell that she was super excited by the way her eyes lit up.

"Got it! Let's go Cass!"

"Wait. You didn't answer my question, Nicky!"

"You don't need to know, because Sarah will help you pick out an outfit." You could see the mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Cass! We are on a time schedule. We only have seven hours, as it is 11:00!"

"Sarah that's plenty of time."

"Honey, we need to shop for the perfect outfit, makeup, shoes, hair products, and then get you already. Plus you need to eat lunch." Before I had time to reply, Sarah pushed me into Nicky's bedroom to get ready. I quickly hopped in the shower, then threw on the same clothes that I had on yesterday. I put my hair in a messy bun. As soon as I stepped out, Sarah grabbed my hand pulled me out the door.

"She will be ready by six, Nicky!" Before we left, Nicky pulled me in for a hug.

"Call me if you need anything, got it?" He whispered seriously in my ear. I just nodded into his chest. Sarah pried me out of Nicky's strong embrace. She ushered me into her little blue mini cooper. I swear she's trying to kill us. She's driving like a bat out of hell. The car screeched to a halt in the parking space she picked.

"Ha! Told you that we would make it here!"

"Yes, but I did not make it here with my sanity intact!"

"Whatever, we are alive and that's what counts." We made our way into the mall, where Sarah made me go into several stores. We were currently in store number twelve or thirteen. I pulled on a dark red dress and stepped out for my best friend to see.

"This is it! You look super sexy and classy!"

"I really do like it." I actually felt super pretty.

"Sweet, let me tell you something. You should go put that dress back, okay? Because it looks fucking ugly on you!" It was Michelle. My face fell and I shrunk back into the dressing room. Michelle continued on with her verbal assault.

"Your fat body does not do that-" She was stopped mid sentence by Sarah slapping her so hard that it sounded like applause.

"Nobody asked your opinion, bitch. Now, if you will walk your skanky ass out, my friend and I have some more shopping to do." Michelle stomped away. Sarah walked towards me and playfully smacked the back of my head.

"Hun, I know where your head is going. Don't listen to her. She's just jealous, kay? If it's any consolation, Nicky won't be able to keep his hands to himself when he sees you in this dress." I nodded. We bought the dress, and then found black wedges to wear with it. We made it back to Nicky's house around 3:00.

"Holy shit! We only have three hours!" Sarah was screaming and running around. After much torture at the hands of Sarah's hair and make up tools, she deemed me ready.

"Aha! With one minute to spare!" I was so nervous. I hope Nicky likes the dress. Michelle's words were still lingering in the back of my mind.

"Cass?" I heard Nicky shouting from downstairs. I made my towards his voice. I stopped a few feet from him and looked up at his face shyly.

"Fucking hell." He whispered. Did he not like the dress? Was the make up on wrong? Is my hair messed up?

"How am I supposed to keep my hands to myself? You look amazing."

"Thank you. I thought at first that you didn't like it."

"You have no idea how much self control this takes to keep myself from taking you upstairs." I blushed at his statement. He took my hand and we made our way to his car. I turned to give Sarah a grateful smile. She just wiggled her eyebrows in response. I was super excited and super nervous to see what Nicky had planned. This was going to be an amazing night.

Hey everybody!! So I have a question, What should Nicky and Cass's ship name be? Let me know in the comments. Please vote!!!!! Thank you for reading. Things might speed up next chapter! (wiggles eyebrows suggestively) Until Sunday!

-teambuckybarnes