Chapter 4: Hold Me

"Do you like me, Cass?" Do I? I laid there staring at him wide eyed. I was afraid that if I get pulled into this, I'll get hurt. Every man in my life has hurt me. My dad abuses me, and my brother left me for college and doesn't really see what's happening at home. 

"I-I don't know. I-I've been hurt before." I finished, not being able to look him in the eye. I felt his calloused hand under my chin, tilting my head up so that I would look at him.

"I like you, Cass. We will take this slow. I won't hurt you. What do you mean you've been hurt before?" He asked this gently, but I could see the anger swimming in his eyes. It reminded me of my father. My father! He will be so mad.

"I have to get home!"  Squirming out of from under him, I rushed to the door. It swung open with a squeak as I ran out. I skidded to a halt when I saw the front door to my house open. Cautiously, I stepped through the doorway.

"S-sir?" I called out to my dad. I knew that if I called him anything other than Sir, he would hit me. I walked upstairs when I saw that he was not downstairs. Silently, I opened his door and walked in. I stopped abruptly, when I saw a note on his bed. His clothes were gone, and his room was empty other than the furniture. 

Dear Girl, 

I can't see you without seeing my wife. It hurts too much to look at you. I think that you were a mistake. I wish that I never had you, then I wouldn't have to deal with such a disappointment. Call your brother. He will take care of you. 

I'm leaving.

-Sir

He's gone.

 He's gone.

 I can't help it as I feel sad for the man that hurt me. Why do I still care for him when he broke me? I guess in some way I still view him as my father, even when he was't acting like one. I crumpled to the ground. I leaned against the bed and drew my knees up to my chest. I felt broken more than I already was. I couldn't cry, no matter how hard I tried.

"Cass?" I knew who it was, but I couldn't move. I felt like stone. I couldn't move a muscle, though every part of me wanted to look up at his deep blue eyes.  I just sat there. It felt like time had froze. All of a sudden a pair of strong arms pulled me into a familiar hard chest. On instinct, I curled into it. 

"It's okay to cry. I won't leave." His deep voice seemed to break the spell. I cried. For the first time in years, I cried for the man who marked my body with bruises and scars. I cried for my mother, the angel who left me too soon. My brother, who was too busy getting drunk and fucking every girl that came his way at college. How can I breathe in a world that is trying to suffocate me? I don't know how long I sat there, but I needed someone to hold me. I felt myself slowly drift off hoping that he wouldn't haunt my dreams.

Nicky's POV

I don't know is much better then no. When I first bumped into her, I thought that she was the most beautiful girl I had seen. Her thick brown hair framed her soft facial features. What got me was not her chest or her butt (I will admit, her butt was perfectly round), but it was her eyes. They were like a deer's, her brown eyes would look at me through her long eyelashes. I hadn't felt like this with any girl before. Now I watched as she ran from me. I knew from the first time I saw her that something was off. After she ran, I followed her. 

I was a bit worried seeing that the door to her house was left open. I followed her upstairs. I watched as  she stopped to read a note left on the bed in the large bedroom that she was standing in. I leaned against the door frame, and watched silently. Her shoulders sagged, and her small frame collapsed to the floor. She leaned against the the bed and drew her knees to her chest. I couldn't help but hurt for her. I'm not sure what she's been through, but I will be there for her. I walked towards her small form, and sat down. I pulled her towards me. I felt a small amount of happiness when she curled into me.

"It's okay to cry, I won't leave." As soon as the words left my mouth, her walls fell down, and she let herself cry. I didn't read the note, but I know that she will tell me when she's ready. She soon fell asleep in my arms. I carried her to my house and up to my room. Being careful no to look at her body, I dressed her in one of my t-shirts. Placing her in my bed, I pulled the blankets around her. I left my door open, and went to make her some lunch for when she wakes up. 

She became my everything. and I hoped that if this was a dream, that I would never wake up.

Hey everybody!!!! What did you think? I would love to hear anything you have to say! I told you that it would have some big things happening! I can't believe that I got two updates published in one week. I hope this makes up for my short chapter 3. Please comment, like, and recommend this story! Thanks for reading! Will update next Monday!!!!! 

PS: If you see any mistakes please comment about it so that I can edit it! Thank you!

-teambuckybarnes