Nadine: Till I Met You (Soulmate AU)

Are you crazy?

She pulls her sleeves to gets a glimpse of her mark as she drag herself into the coffee shop. Looking at her wrist had been a habit every time she makes bad decision in her life.

She got her mark when she was 13. It appeared exactly on her birthday. It shamed her because from the looks of it, her soulmate already knows what a lunatic she would turn out to be.

Nadine's friend, Myrtle, got her mark at 15 and met her soulmate at 17. Nadine used to be very jealous of it.

Myrtle and Sam are perfect for each other. They had a lot in common and music is one of them.

When Nadine was already past 18, she realized that she didn't want to believe in the whole soulmate thing. She thought that she has the right to choose the one for her. So she had decided to date around.

And it was a complete failure.

It was boredom and she didn't feel any connection at all – to each and every one of them. In the end, she spent her nights thinking about when her soulmate would meet her craziness.

She is now headed to being 21 years of age.

She pulled one of earbud to place and order on the counter as she clutched her laptop, tablet,phone, sketchpad, and handkerchief closer to her chest.

She smiled when her name got called. She smiled at the person at the counter and she took her tall to-go coffee cup in one hand. She suddenly had a hard time balancing her things in one hand. She continued listening to her morning playlist.

She headed for the door and pushed the door using her whole body. She stepped out and felt the sun rays touch her face. She has already made twenty steps away from the shop when her phone started ringing. She exhaled in frustration; it is MJ, one of her good friends. They were supposed to meet in the coffee shop thirty minutes earlier to discuss a project but considering he had a party last night, he told her he couldn't make it because he was completely hammered. It pissed Nadine off.

Nadine continued walking while she answered using the microphone attached to her earphones.

"Nadz."

"O, ano?", she answered.

"Buy me coffee please. I might be late to class. Buy me coffee please. Love you!" MJ added and then hung up. Nadine just grunted. She placed her phone in her jeans' pocket. She grabbed her iced coffee again and went back to coffee shop to get MJ a coffee.

A line in front of the counter surprised Nadine. She wasn't even gone in minutes and people were already lined up for their morning fix. She lined up and even if she is now having her own fix of coffee, she is still pissed off because MJ already has delayed her schedule.

Someone tapped her on the shoulder.

"Inis ako sa'yo. Umalis ka rito. Beastmode ako.

She turned and the iced coffee in her cup suddenly transfers to the shirt in front of her. Well, to the shirt that has a human being in it.

Damn. She cursed herself. She might have to replace her morning playlist.

She looked at her arm to find and offer her hanky but then she realized that the stranger in front of her.

"Are you crazy?"

She felt the tingling sensation on her wrist. It was a sign that the mark on her wrist just became black. She lifted her eyes and saw the stranger's face.

She stopped breathing for a couple of seconds. His face is very lovely but it was really his eyes that caught her off guard. It was light brown and the way the sun shone behind him just added to the moment of meeting him.

"It's you." The stranger said offering a hand which still had her hanky.

"I'm sorry." She said in return as she unplugged her earphones from her ears. "I'm sorry. I thought it was my annoying friend."

"I'm Nadine." She said as she clutched her laptop and iPad in one arm.

"I'm James, I believe I am your soulmate." The stranger smiled at her.

She was still smiling and noted that James has a nice smile.

They decided to get a table. She took her hoodie off to let James wear it. She texted MJ that she couldn't get his coffee anymore.

It was a bad day but it sure did turn around.

'Are you crazy?' she looked at her mark as they talked.

She smiled. She looked forward to being crazy with her soulmate.