II. James x Nadine x Diego

'Don't.'

James pleaded to his eyes and brain one more time.

'Don't look at her. Don't think about her.' he kept repeating it in his head, nearly making it his mantra for the past two weeks.

His eyes betrayed him one more time as they settled on the girl at the counter. He was surrounded by three hot girls who were ready to give him a good night but all he could wish for is to be the straw in Nadine's drink.

He wished he could be that close to her lips again, feel and taste her sweet, luscious, and sinful lips.

Dammit.

He lost it. He completely lost it.

It was two weeks ago at a Christmas party in Q's mansion where it all happened. The party had been crazy and insane. The Bandwidth played and the fun leveled up as the night went on.

Being the crowd-hater that he is, James had decided to go to the second floor of the mansion, turned right, climb a window to get to the balcony. The balcony overlooked an empty lot next to Q's crib.

"Hey." a soft sweet voice said.

James jumped and held into his heart. "Hey! What are you doing here?", James asked.

"Well, Q throws a rad party. Too many strangers." She said as she leaned her head on the wall. She was sitting on the pavement, just looking at the sky.

James just laughed. "Post it on Facebook, public might I add, tag Bandwidth and Fresnel Zone, what do you expect?"

"Isn't he afraid he'd get robbed?" she asked.

"He locked all the doors. He assured us." James said with a smile.

Nadine laughed.

That was when James noticed the box of pizza on Nadine's side. He sat beside her and leaned to reached for a slice. Nadine offered a can of beer and James accepted it.

"How's the next album going?" Nadine asked.

"Zero. Can't think of anything." James took another bite of his pizza.

"None at all?" Nadine asked.

"Yep." James said making the letter P pop. "No inspiration." he said as he looked at her.

"How about...this box of pizza?" she said as she lifted the box, pressenting it like an item in the mall being offered to people.

"Just the box?" James smiled. Nadine nodded as she smiled from ear to ear. "That'll be a killer song!" James said with enthusiasm.

Nadine laughed out louder. It made James wonder on how much can did she have. "I know it will.", she said.

After thirty minutes of looking at the sky, saying the weirdest things, talking about Bandwidth, James and Nadine decided to go back to the party downstairs. James climbed out of the window first and helped Nadine. They both turned around only to see Bret stading there, arms cross and smiling like an idiot.

"Dude." Bret said softly but enough for both James and Nadine to hear.

"Are you drunk already?" James joked. Nadine just laughed.

"Uhhh...guys." Bret kept a straight face as his eyes traveled a bit behind us. Nadine and James followed his gaze.

"Uh oh." Nadine's face turned serious.

They all started at the mistletoe hanging on the window both James and Nadine came out of.

"Come on, Bret. We are no longer under it." James defended, his palms started to get sweaty.