Chapter 14

Chapter 14

The first thing that came to my mind was to close the door in his face. And run. And that's exactly what I tried to do. The key word here; tried. As I proceeded to push the door forward, Luke stuck his leg out and stopped the door from closing shut. I must say, he was strong.

    I mean, it must've hurt like hell, having the door pressing on his foot. Especially when I was putting so much pressure on the door. Even if it did hurt, he didn't show it. Instead, he gave me a smile. Not just any smile, mind you. The one that clearly said, 'you can't do anything to stop me, and you know it'.

   "Nice to see you again girlfriend."

 I flinched involuntarily, thoughts of our relationship barging into my mind. I shook them away, bringing a glare on my face. "I'm not your girlfriend," I spat at him with venom in my voice, putting aside all my fear I felt at the moment. Which was a lot, by the way.

  "Oh, com'on Babe, don't be like that," he smirked, even though his eyes held no emotion, just coldness. He pushed the door backward, making me stumble a few steps back, before I regained my balance.

 I scowled at him. I wanted to say, 'don't call me that' but thought better of it. I'd just make myself look pathetic. And besides, it's not like he's going to stop anyway.

   He entered the house and started looking around. "You've got a nice house. The living room, the kitchen... I bet your bedroom's even more cozy, isn't it?" he took a step closer to me, a half-smile on his face.

    And as expected, I took one back. And hit the wall. Fear came back to me full-force. What is he going to do? Am I going to die today? No one would know until someone gets home.......Beth! ..and Ace!

   As he took one more step forward, I prepared myself for the loudest scream I've ever uttered. Taking in a deep breath, I opened my mouth, about to scream, when Luke realized what I was doing, and closed the distance between us completely, and clamped a hand over my mouth, muffling my scream. I struggled in his grip, but he used his body to push me against the wall, completely trapping me. 

   "Now, wouldn't want any neighbors to hear your pretty little scream, would we? I'll advice you to save it for later...if you know what I mean," he let out a low chuckle and winked. My eyes widened of their own in fear and I started struggling even more, but it was of no use. He didn't even budge.

     Instead, he pushed me into the wall even harder using his body. I couldn't breathe; he was putting too much pressure on me. And the fact that he was blocking my mouth made it even harder to breathe.

    My chest tightened with the lack of breath, and I tried to push him away, my attempts feeble. I felt like I was going to pass out if I didn't get air in my lungs soon.

  I made one more attempt at pushing him off by using my body. And he moved.

 But not because pushed him, but because Ace pulled him off of me.

   No, that's a wrong word to use. He slammed Luke backwards onto the wall, right next to the door. I gasped in the sudden rush of air into my lungs, feeling grateful that I didn't actually pass out.

 But I still felt weak, and slumped down on the floor in a kneeling position. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Beth rushing up to me. And in front of me, I saw Ace...punching Luke senselessly. Literally.

   I mustered up some energy and got back on my feet, only to stumble forward into Ace. I grabbed onto his arm to regain my balance, and tried to pull him off Luke, who was now on the floor, trying to land a kick on Ace.