Chapter 9

Chapter 9

 I exited the girl's locker room, and started walking to my next class. I was being cautious, looking for the familiar face of Luke, but he was nowhere to be seen. I concentrated with everything I had, to look for Luke, thinking I'd run away when I see him.

    So, you can imagine how I jumped up at least a foot in the air when someone whispered "Boo" in my ear.

   I whirled around, and came face to face with Ace. I gasped a little, startled at how close we were. He smirked at me knowingly.

   "Where'd you think you were going?" he asked.

  I gave him a weird look. "Where'd you think I was going, idiot? To class."

   "Oh, com'on. You can be a little bit nicer," he whined, pouting. He looked so adorable, I wanted to pinch his cheeks.

  "Nah, you don't deserve it," I reached up, and ruffled his hair. He glared at me, and reached out for my waist, with his index finger out, trying to poke me.

    I noticed, and with a little squeal, I took off running. I must say I was a fast runner, even though I wasn't really that tall. I heard him shouting behind me as he chased after me.

   People in the hallways parted for us like the Red Sea. I reached the classroom, and stumbled inside, laughing hysterically.

    My laughter stopped short, as my eyes fell on the one person I did not want to see. Someone crashed into me from behind, and I stumbled forward, but quickly steadied myself. It was Ace. He hadn't noticed I had stopped abruptly in the middle of the classroom.

   He followed my gaze, and his eyes landed on Luke, sitting on my seat, with a nasty smile playing on his lips. Ace put his hand on my shoulder and squeezed reassuringly.

    By now, most of the students were already in the classroom. Suddenly, a wave of exhaustion hit me, and I felt cold all over, wanting to get this day over with. Right now, I wanted to do nothing with Luke, and so, fearlessly, I marched up to him, and stood there, glaring at him.

   "You know, that's my seat. It'd be better if you go find someone who's willing to deal with your clinginess. Because I definitely am not," my voice was so cold, that Every. Single. Head turned towards me to look at me in shock.

    After all, I was the good girl. Good girls don't talk rudely to new students. Even Luke was thrown off guard by my fierceness. Nevertheless, he stood his ground, and didn't move. Just stared at me defiantly.

   I turned around to face the teacher, and my expression was furious. "Don't you think you should make him get up? After all, it was your idea to make me sit there. With my partner, might I add," I said furiously.

  The teacher looked at me with surprised eyes. I've never in my whole life talked to a teacher like that. Though, today, I didn't care. I could get a detention and I wouldn't care.

    "Uh...um, yeah. Mr...Never mind. I think you should find another seat. Everyone has assigned seats," his voice wavered slightly in the beginning, but he finished the sentence with firmness in his voice.

  Luke got up angrily, and stood by my chair, looking around, with irritation clear in his eyes. I pushed past him, and got into my seat. He found a seat by a girl, who clearly looked afraid of him, and scooted a bit away from him. After a second, I realized Ace still hadn't taken his seat.

   He was still standing close to the doorway, looking at me in bewilderment. I raised an eyebrow at him, and he snapped out of it. He quickly made his way through the classroom, and plopped down next to me.