Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Someone cleared their throat. I cocked my head sideways, letting Ace know I was listening. My elbow was growing numb. I wondered if that's a good thing or bad, since the pain was gone; but I couldn't feel it at all.

"Let's go inside. It's getting cold out here." 

My head snapped towards him so fast, I accidentally cracked my bone.

  "What do you mean? I-I mean, aren't you going to go to your own house?" 

My heart started racing when I heard him say we should go inside. We were standing in front of my house. Did he really mean that we should go together inside my house?

 The smirk was back on his face. "I don't trust you enough to address your wounds properly. You're too careless," he drawled lazily. 

I blushed, knowing it was true. I was careless. I wasn't going to admit it to him, though. I glared at him defiantly.

  "What? Are you going to make us wait out here and freeze to death?" He asked, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

 "No one asked you to wait!" I snapped. "And besides, I-I don't...havethekeyswithme," I mumbled so fast, I was unsure whether he heard me or not. 

     He gave me blank stare.

  "Who the hell forgets to keep their house keys with them?" He asked incredulously. I tried hard to fight the blush starting to spread onto my face, but failed miserably.

 "Apparently, I do, so get over it," I huffed, annoyed. I mean, he should know by now that I don't really have a great memory, and I'm only human. Humans have a tendency to forget stuff once in a while.

 Ace ran a hand through his wet hair, making it look like he put gel on it. He looked so adorable doing it. Get over yourself, Ellie!

  He looked at me for a moment, then to his house, and back to me. 

Sighing, he said, "Com'on, you can stay at my house until your brother or your Mom comes back."

  I gaped at him. Did he just ask me to come into his house with him? The words 'he's never been seen with a girl before' rang in my head. I stared at him with my mouth hanging open, probably looking like a fish. He put his finger under my chin, pushing my jaw up and effectively shutting my mouth.

  "We don't want a fly going into that pretty mouth of yours, now do we?" He smirked.

  "Actually, I don't think there would be any flies around in this kind of weather, when it's pouring buckets of water all around and on us," I retorted.

  He looked at me in amusement. Shaking his head, he started walking towards his house.

  I stared at his back, where the T-shirt clung to his back, exposing the muscles underneath. His arm muscles flexed as he inserted the key into the lock and opened the door.

   He stopped and abruptly turned around. I quickly looked away so he couldn't catch me staring. "Are you coming or what?" He arched his eyebrow.

 Feeling stupid, I hurried across the lawn and into his house. He closed the door behind me, shaking his hair like a dog, splashing me with bits of water. He looked like a little kid doing that. I smiled, and my eyes flicked to his chest, where I could see the muscles through his wet shirt.

  I sucked in a breath when my eyes landed on his eight-pack. I've seen a six-pack before, but this, just took my breath away. In short He. Was. Hot.