Chapter 8

Chapter 8

 I whirled around and froze.

  This could not be happening. 

 Standing in front of me was a boy. He was tall, but not taller than Ace. His chocolate brown eyes were looking at me in astonishment, as he stared at me. The same beautiful eyes that had made me agree to be 'his girl' two years ago. The wind rustled his wavy blond hair that reached up to his chin.

   My eyes were literally bulging from shock as I stared at him in horror. How did he get here? What is he doing in this school? He can't be here, he's supposed to be in Australia. 

  A cruel smirk formed on his lips, raising goosebumps on my arms.

  "It's nice to see you again, babe."

  I recoiled away from him as if he had hit me. What am I doing? I can't act weak in front of him. He'll only use it against me. I gathered up all the courage I could muster, and stood up straighter, making me appear a tad bit taller.

   "Don't. Call. Me. That." I hissed with venom in my voice.

  He flinched slightly. I felt satisfied at his reaction, but it didn't last long. He seemed even more malevolent as his nasty smile came back. "Feisty. I like it even more," his tone send shivers down my spine. And they were not pleasant.

 "What do you want, Luke?" I snapped at him, growing angrier as the seconds ticked off.

  "Oh, I think you know what I want, don't you, babe?" he raised his eyebrows threateningly.

 I backed away from him involuntarily. "N-no. I don't know what you're t-talking about." Who am I kidding? Of course I know what he wants.

   "Do you want me to remind you exactly what I want?" He growled, taking a large step closer to me. 

  I, of course, backed away. Suddenly, something brushed past me, and the next thing I see is Ace, standing with his back to me in a protective stance.

  "Don't you dare go near her," he snarled at Luke. My eyes widened at the sudden viciousness in Ace's voice.

  Luke raised his eyebrows. "And who might you be?" He looked from Ace to me, and something flickered in his eyes. "Moved on, have we, Elora?" His eyes darkened considerably, and something like anger burned in his eyes. 

   "I...N-no...I mean-"

  "Yes, she has moved on. And it'd be better for you if you move on as well. You're blocking our way." He grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him as he pushed past Luke. 

  Before I left, I heard the words that made my blood run cold.

      "This isn't over yet, babe"

  Ace's grip on my hand tightened, and I winced. He pulled me along faster, and before I knew it, we were by my locker. He let go of my hand, and when I looked up at him, I noticed a vein bulging out of his neck. 

  "Hey, El!" Beth came and engulfed me in a cheerful hug. She let go of me, and adverted her gaze from me to Ace. 

 "Um, is everything, uh, alright?" She asked uneasily. I bet she'd never seen Ace like this before.

 Before he could reply, I muttered, "Yeah....I mean, no! I'll tell you everything later, Beth."

  Beth knew everything about Luke, and my past. After all, she's like my sister. I tell her everything, no matter how big it is. Well, I didn't exactly have to tell her. She was with me at that time. She nodded at me, still looking at Ace warily.