Chapter 39 - "I Plan To Make You Flustered In A Whole Different Way."

I wake up to a pair of lips placing kisses across my chest, the person's short nails running through my scalp as they slowly make their way up.

I grin sleepily, my hand finding it's way to the back of her head, fingers enjoying the texture of her silken red curls, "I could get used to waking up like this," I mumble, letting my eyes drift open slowly.

She looks up, meeting my eyes with a devilishly sexy smirk, "Who said that you'll wake up like this everyday?" She raises one haughty brow, bending down and biting playfully near my mark.

I groan as a jolt of arousal zaps through me, feeling the opposite effect of what she expected me to feel. "Your insatiable appetite," I challenge, smirking right back.

She blushes, her cheeks taking on that cute shade of red I'd missed seeing in the last few hours.

I choke on my own breath, bursting into fits of uncontrollable laughter. "Y-you're act-actually bl-blushing after everything you d-did last n-night!?"

"Shut up," She sits up, pulling the sheets to cover herself, "You enjoyed it." She accuses with humor in her eyes, pulling the sheets closer.

Her insecurity around me still pinches something inside me, but I do my best to not show it in my expression.

Hopefully, she's too preoccupied in her own feelings to notice that I felt it.

"Of course, darling. That was the best night of my life," I sit up too, not making an attempt to cover anything. Her eyes automatically drift down, and my smirk widens. "Now, I was just wondering if you could make this morning the best morning ever..." I trail off, slowly pushing myself up and leaning forward, one hand cupping the side of her neck and the other one trailing down he shoulder to the smooth curve of her bare hip.

She looks up at my eyes with a smitten of uncertainty, but I close the gap between our lips, sealing mine to hers.

I'm rewarded with a breathy moan that sends a shudder of need and stirs up my lower region.

She's still clutching the sheet to her chest, so I gradually let my hand other wander down her neck down to her hands, my fingers locking around her tight ones. I deepen the kiss as I gently pry them away, placing her hands on my shoulders and letting the sheets drop down.

She gasps slightly, but I distract her by pulling my lips away from hers and showing my full attention to the mark on the left side of her neck.

My mark.

It's nothing but the mark of my fangs permanently embedded on her skin, but when you go near her, the Mated scent that wafts from her, the primal mix in her smell that's supposed to ward off males, is warning enough to let you know that she's taken.

I nip and lick at the tender flesh, making her grab tufts of my hair and moan out in mind numbing pleasure.

I feel a profound sense of satisfaction.

I push her down to the bed, covering her with my body as I straddle her, kissing up her throat, my lips trailing up to her pink, swollen ones.

"You're the most beautiful woman to me, Seneca. The best creation of the Goddess, you never have to hide yourself from me," I whisper against her mouth, my lips brushing against hers with each word.