Chapter 13 - "What Were You Thinking, Seneca?!"

DEDICATED TO Asmitha98.

Chapter 13 - "What Were You Thinking, Seneca?!"

Chaos.

That's the only word to describe the mini-war going on in front of my eyes.

A handful of wolves also joined the black alpha wolf out of nowhere and now it's almost a battle raging between packs.

Seneca-Wolf pounces on Red, and the two are locked in an intense fight, which Seneca seemed to be winning with ease. All around me, Seneca's Warriors are growling and snapping at Enemy Alpha's Wolves, who are gravely outnumbered. 

Oh, how the tables have turned.

I hear a final snap and turn around, only to meet with a pretty gruesome sight. I would've cringed so hard, were I still in human form. Red's head is off his body, which is not in good shape.

I'll spare you the details.

Seneca turns to me, her cerulean blue eyes meet my own green ones—that's my Wolf's eye color if you didn't figure as much—and nods once. But in that small gesture, an unspoken message pass between us, even without a link, and everything around us ceases to exist. It's only Me and Her.

'I'll protect you,'

'I know you will,'

She starts to walk forward, but a Brown Wolf leaps from behind her, trying to catch her off guard. I catch sight of him before her, and before I could growl out a warning, Seneca senses his presence, turning around at the last second.

She growls out furiously, the sound similar to a series of thunder rolling across the sky. Brown backs away for a minuscule part of a second, but then all hesitation vanishes from his demeanor and he leaps forward, making the first move.

Big mistake.

In a second, Seneca has him pinned to the ground, begging for forgiveness.

Ha, take that sucker.

Before I could realize what's happening, his head is off his body, a bloody mess flying off in another direction.

Oops...

Two down, six more wolves to go.

Seneca kicks his body off the way as she slowly makes her way towards me. Her steps are cautious, wary and slightly hesitant as if she's expecting me to run away any second.

Is she worried that I might be afraid of her since she's killed in front of me?

'But you're already afraid of her,' My Wolf barks, and that's when I become aware that he is, indeed right.