Chapter 31 - "We're Making Progress."

PLEASE VOTE???

PLEASE VOTE???

Thanks to @BlackPiercedSirens for the fanart!!!

•••

Micajah Rye:

Chapter 31 - "We're Making Progress."

You know, sometimes, when you're sleeping, you get that creepy feeling that someone's watching you?

You stir awake automatically, feeling somewhat self-conscious and then you open your eyes, only to find your best-friend staring at you with an evil glint in their eyes, which's a tell-tale sign that they were doing that, just to wake you?

I get that feeling that morning.

I slowly open my eyes, feeling shy, knowing damn well that someone's watching me.

I was right.

It's Seneca.

She sitting Indian style in the bed beside me, already showered and ready for the day, wearing her usual ensemble of a top and jeans—the jacket to be thrown over when we go out. Her hair is wet though, a dark reddish brown color owing to the water still dripping from it. It hangs around her face in frizzy little wisps, highlighting the way her eyes are shining a light gray, almost reflecting the happy mood she's in. In her hands is a red mug of coffee, that she slowly brings away from her lips, which are stretched in an occasional grin.

"'Morning." She greets, when she realizes that her creepy staring thing, has waken me up.

I yawn involuntarily, covering my mouth with my hand, and turn around, my eyes searching for the clock.

5:30 am.

I turn back to her, glowering. "It's only 5:30."

She shrugs, grinning cheerfully. "Your cup of coffee is waiting for you." She says, shrugging in the direction of the bedside table. I continue to glare at her, not taking my eyes off her grinning face.

"Seriously?" I ask, giving up glaring and opting to looking at her flatly, when she doesn't show any indication that she's affected by my glare at all.

"Seriously." She replies, smiling mischievously as she takes another sip from the steaming mug in her hands.

I sigh tiredly. "But, I'm in depression!" I whine, giving her a dirty look.

A dark emotion crosses her eyes when my words unintentionally remind her of yesterday's events, but she hides it quickly. Instead of flinching or even glaring like I'd expected her to, she rolls her eyes. "C'mon. Don't be such a baby."

"Fine!" I glare, sitting up. She moves herself back slightly, giving me more room to sit.

But, I'm not having any of that.