Chapter Thirty-Seven

A.N For some of you this chapter wasn't showing same for the part before or only bit of it was, not sure why it was private, but follow me and then re load the story and it should work. If it doesn't lemme know :)

Spencer's POV

I knew something was up, as much as Hailey tried to cover up her tracks she was being easily caught. None of the boys believed the petty lies she would tell when she would leave the house, or the late night conversations she claimed to be having with her 'friend'. To any ordinary eye it would seem as if she were seeming someone else secretly, but I know her well enough to know that she was far too out of it to even consider dating again. For one, she had forgone more than enough traumas to last someone a lifetime, and for what she believes to be my betrayal.

*Flashback*

"Annie, I asked you to leave me alone for a bit" I said agitated.

It was all my fault, I should have gone after Hailey, and I shouldn't have given up so damn easily on her. If I had convinced her to stay that day then she wouldn't have gone back with her mother and she wouldn't have had to fend for herself alone.

Alone.

That's how I felt right now, nothing felt right, not without her.

"Well what exactly did you expect would happen S?" She exclaimed.

"She wouldn't have known anything if you had kept your damn mouth shut!" I shouted.

I saw her visibly back down a bit but of course she tried to prove herself as superior.

"Don't even try to blame this one on me! You're the one that's been lying to all of them for this long, they're going to find out eventually dammit!" She said looking more frustrated by the minute.

As much as I wanted to protest, I know that I couldn't. I knew that I was hurting everyone around me but I had no other choice, I had to do this.

"I need to shower, can you please just leave me alone!" I said walking into the washroom. I felt the guilt starting to eat at my insides as I attempted to clean away all the wrong I've done. I wrapped a towel around my waist as I heard a knock on the door. Making my way out I noticed Annie still in my room, but without her pants on. I was going to ask her why, but then I noticed Hailey standing at the door. She looked back at Annie and then at me making a connection that was invalid, but she didn't know that.

Shit.

*End of Flashback*

It worried me what she might have been doing, and who she was seeing so discreetly but there wasn't even a smidge of a chance that she would confide in me given that she saw me as not only an asshole but a cheater as well. I may be a lot of things but a cheater will never be one of them. Everything I was doing was to save her, I had no other choice. All of the people affected by my lies and betrayal, were for their own good.

Jason's POV

"What...no!" Hailey whispered.

"Its the truth" I said.

"But how-why?" She asked.

"Spencer and I never got along, not even from a young age. He was always the good kid, he stayed out of trouble and got high grades but I on the other hand was always neglected. I guess it was my dream come true when mom and dad found out about Spencers after school activities and kicked him out of the house." I said

"Not until what happened?"She asked snapping me out of my flashback.

"He started to take an interest in you" I said.

"But we met like a day before you got beat up" She said looking confused.

"Hails, he's known you since you were born" I said.

"Let me tell you everything, with no interruptions just promise you'll hear me out till the end" I said and she nodded sitting down.

"We were all friends when we younger, we all grew up together but us being older than you, I guess you just don't remember much. Spencer and I would joke about who would marry you and the dumb shit a 10 year old would take seriously and you were around 7 when Spencer started getting weird. He would spend nights out late worrying my parents to death as any 13 year old would, he was hanging with the wrong crew for some years and got into some shit but it wasnt him that fucked up the worst, it was me."

"What do you mean?" She asked when I had stopped to take a breath.

"I got involved with some gang shit and he tried to help me out but things got messy and he needed protection from my people, and ended up in some rival gang that was ten times worse than mine. I will always owe him for having endagered himself to save me, but that doesnt make him a saint Hails. He started to resent and blame me for his terrible life and to make me miserable he tried to take the only thing that mattered to me" He said looking up sadly.

"You" He whispered.