Chapter Twenty

I numbly walk back out into the bedroom my arm nicely wrapped up in gauze and my sleeves covering up any evidence of my actions.

“Hailey?” I hear someone say and I break out of my day dream and look up and Spencer.

“Yeah?’ I ask in a small voice.

“What’s wrong?” He asks cautiously. I put on a bright fake smile and shake my head.

“Stop with the bullshit Hailey, I’ve seen you drifting for the past couple of days, whats going on?” He asks  and I actually consider telling him but then slap myself internally.

“Nothing” I say annoyed but keep my ground I try walking away from him but he has me pinned against the wall before I could.

“Tell me” He growls demanding. I look at him oddly and then see the concern for me laced in his eyes. Why does he care so much it’s not like I’m anyone of importance to him, just a messed up girl that he kidnapped.

“I know you don’t think this, but I do care about you” He whispers, his proximity only leaving a couple inches between our bodies.

I looked him dead in the eye and I don’t know how long we were in that position, just staring intensely into each other’s eyes. We were both lost in thought, me thinking about if what he said right now was true and him thinking of ways he could prove it to me and before I knew it we were both leaning in closer. I close my eyes and move closer so that my lips were now fanning his.He was breathing just as heavy as I was and I could feel his hot breath on my lips.

“S-woah” Jay says walking into the room. I hear S groan as he tilts his head keeping me in the same position though.

“Could you not fucking wait?” He hisses at Jay and I feel bad for him as he looks sheepishly towards us.

“Sorry it’s just we need you both to come down” He says. S looks over at me once and then strides across the room bolting down the stairs.

I follow suite but with Jay. Well, this will be awkward.

“Soo.. you and S huh?” He says teasingly nudging me with his arm. I feel my cheeks burn red as I look down.

“N-no” I stutter. He chuckles patting my head as he would a dog.

“Alright kiddo” He says sarcastically then walks away.

I very awkwardly stand around watching a bunch of guys talk about something, each little group having their own little conversation.

“Hi” I hear someone say. I turn around and come face to face again with the attractive guy that had answered the door for us earlier.

“Hey” I say trying not to gawk over his looks.

“So, what up?” He asks trying to keep the conversation going.

“Oh you know, just living the teenage dream” I say smiling and he smiles back.

“You’ve got a great sense of humour you know?” He says

“And you’ve got nice hair” I say frowning at my lame compliment.

“Why thank you, I just got it today” He says pretending to move it around like a wig.

I took the chance to really look at this guy. He has light brown hair and his features were sort of like Biebers. He was defiantly well dressed in a grey hoodie and dark brown jeans.

“So, do you really like S?” He asks on a more serious note.

“I-I no” I say quickly and he frowns.

“They why are you dating him?” He asks.

“I am not dating S!” I state.

“Oh, Well I mean any guys lucky to have you” He says and I almost smile and then start over thinking, why would he be flirting with a girl like me?

“Which brings me to my next question, are you seeing anyone right now?” He asks

“I..uh no” I say biting my lip, he smiles widely before responding.

“Would you like to g-“ Before he could even complete his sentence S showed up from no where.

“No” He growls taking my hand in his possessively then glaring at the poor guy whose name I had learned was Kyle.

Kyle looks over at me once before sighing and walking away. Why was everyone so afraid of this big idiot. I snatch my hand away from his while fuming.

“What the hell!” I whisper yell.

He does nothing but stare directly at me.

“He was going to ask you out” He states pissed and I look at him equally as angry.

“That's exactly the point” I say and he growls once again dragging me into the room that I was in before he made me stay upstairs with him.

“I don’t care what you think about me but You. Are. Mine” He says and I furrow my eyebrows.

“Im not anyones property you jerk” I yell back pushing my tiny fists on chest hard trying to move him away from me but doesn’t even so much as flinch at my contact.

“Can’t you see?” He said after a couple of seconds, his face still awfully close.

“What Spencer?” I asked, excited and scared of what he would say. But instead of replying, he tilted my face up by my chin, and his lips found mine. My heart dropped about ten stories, and I felt my knees get weak as he softly pressed them against mine, retreating after a couple of seconds.

“I care for you so much and it hurts that you can’t see it,” He whispered and I stared at him. Thoughts were flying through my head like crazy and a thousand possible scenarios for how this confession could ruin it all played in my mind. But then I did the one thing that I wanted to do for so fucking long, even if I never admitted it to myself: I kissed him back.

My hands wrapped around his neck and my body pressed longingly against his while I connected our lips again. I let my tongue trace down his bottom lip and he opened willingly. Gently grabbing my hair in one of his hands, he deepened the kiss, our tongues starting to battle. I sighed into the kiss, feeling so at ease with him. And it was just heavenly.

Everything felt right for once, no matter how wrong it really was. 

"Mine" He whispers before kissing me again. I could get used to this.